Thursday, March 20, 2008

Game, Set, Match!

Jeff will be doing his residency at Washington University in St. Louis, MO! We're really excited to become Cardinals fans and eat toasted ravioli! For his intern year, he'll be at the new Intermountain Hospital in Salt Lake City, UT. We're thrilled to learn to ski and build parade floats! The plan is to move to Utah in May so I guess I'd better get packing.

Here's a video of Jeff opening his letter. Harrison's disappointment about the match is due to the fact that he wanted to move to Virginia to be near his cousin, Adam. Once we told him he could build a snowman in Utah, he changed his tune.

14 Wisecracks:

Ashley said...

Congratulations!!! Oh, I really hope it ends up that we're here when you get here as well. That is so great, I hope you guys are happy with it.

Taliatha said...

Lucky!
I'm excited that you get to go to Utah. And I hear St. Louis is a really decent place. (I think they have half-day kindergarten, which says something. Utah is also half-day, of course.)

allyn said...

adam can't wait to go swimming this summer with h. i am SUPER bummed that you won't be in newport news with us. soooo sad.

Katy said...

I'm excited for you, but I admit that I'm crying because I'll miss you so much!

melissa said...

Aww. We'll miss you, too! We're feeling really overwhelmed right now about the whole thing. Excitement mixed with sadness and stress. You'll have to make the journey to Zion and visit us.

Heidi said...

Congrats and Good Luck!! I know that this will be a great adventure for ya. I hope the packing and moving goes well.

Nicole said...

Bridget is so looking forward to learning everything Chloe knows. :) Hooray! We finally get to see you more often like we always dreamed!

Courtney said...

Yay Match Day! I especially enjoyed comparing Jeff's actual reaction with the sample pictures provided in the earlier post ;)

Happy packing! Please sing some uber-Zion hymn on the way out there. Continuously. Ha!

Unknown said...

I love all the pandemonium in the background. That must have been one heck of a night.

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Congratulations! I am sure your parents are excited to have you closer Melissa and Jeff's are a little sad I am sure. Fun adventures ahead! Yea:)

Kristi said...

I'm so glad you taped that! Man, even I felt a little emotional watching that, seriously, pull it together sister.:) I'm so THRILLED for you guys!

Uno Kidney said...

Hooray! I am excited for you guys too!

Koryn said...

So exciting! I realized that many of us will be in Utah this summer! We must plan an outing. It has been so fun to keep up with you through this blog, it makes me look forward to seeing you and the kids even more! I mentioned this to my Mom and she started planning a Furniss family play day at her house. Perhaps we can chat and look into the reality of this. Otherwise I would love to drive down and visit.

melissa said...

I would LOVE to have a Furniss playdate! Go team!