Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rainy Easter Sunday

We had a really wonderful Easter weekend.  I think I may have finally convinced Harrison that we do, in fact, celebrate Easter.  The only thing that wasn't wonderful was the weather.  It's been raining every day for the past two weeks, or so.  All of our activities were inside and it was gray and rainy outside.  That makes for really crappy pictures, but I'll share some, anyway. 

Miles figured out the egg hunt really quickly.  When he opened an egg and found there was candy inside, he laughed triumphantly.  Every.  Single.  Time.

Nothin' like blowing bubbles on a rainy Easter morning. 

I had dreams of dressing them all in coordinating colors and taking them to a garden somewhere where they would pose perfectly and the pictures would all be perfect, perfect, perfect.  Instead, they all wore what they wanted and sat on this wet porch for 30 seconds and then ran inside.  The good news is it was a really happy day, even without perfect pictures.

5 Wisecracks:

Unknown said...

hehehe! There is a lot to be said for wearing what you want. I try to do that as much as possible. Your children would be adorable in potato sacks. :D

Nicole said...

Miles is a PERSON! I love how he is right in there doing everything the big kids are doing. He was just a baby when I saw him last. Now I'm kind of sad.

Good job enjoying Rainy Easter Sunday.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

I love chloes dress!! Your kids are so cute. And the part about Miles made me laugh. I love that stage of life where they find out it's not just about eating, sleeping and pooping. ;)

allyn said...

it is hard to make easter perfect, but yours looks perfect, despite the rain. cute kids make up for any downers.

KQ said...

Imperfection is what makes a perfectly non-boring life. I would throw up and stop reading people's blogs if all they posted about were perfect days.

I love the cute pictures!