Thursday, June 23, 2011

One Last Sign of Spring


The last of our perennials popped up last week.  I love these orange day lillies.  I used to think it was amazing that they just grew out of nowhere right in our front yard.  As I've been driving my kids all over town this past week, I've seen these lillies EVERYWHERE.  They seem to spring up like weeds around here.
I think for as long as I live, these flowers will remind me of St. Louis in June. 

And now it's officially summer, which means house guests are coming and we'll be traveling and seeing family and my freckles will be darker than usual and no one in my house will ever be able to find their flip-flops. 

2 Wisecracks:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! Glad we're not the only ones wondering where our flip flops are.:)

Laura Crenshaw Chabo said...

I love it! We have those orange day lilies all over here, in Ohio, too! Crazy midwest!