Tuesday, February 14, 2012

We interrupt this photo challenge to bring you something awesome.

Last week my hilarious and talented friend Danica asked if some friends wanted to come over and take some Glamour Shots for our husbands for Valentine's Day.  About ten of us arrived the next day in our biggest hair and coolest hats. 

When I was in eighth grade, there was a girl named Shelley in our church who was a senior in high school.  She was really pretty and super cool, but also super nice.  She had a Glamour Shot on her wall at her house and in the picture she's wearing a captain's hat.  I remember staring at that picture a million times and wishing that I could be that beautiful.  Last week Danica made all of 13 year old Melissa's dreams come true (minus the nautical accessories).


This morning while Jeff was at work, I put these pictures up on the wall by his dresser (five framed photos and a 12x16" poster).  Oh! how I laughed!


When I was putting my pictures up, Harrison asked, "Who is that?"  Nice.


Jeff enjoyed it all very much.  Then he said, "Well now I have to give you your Valentine's Day gift, which is just as ridiculous."  I called bullcrap, but he was right.  His gift was just as ridiculous.

7 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

Holy déjà vu Batman! You look just like Shelley! Hysterically fun! I'm off to order some Forever Lazy duds. You guys had the best Valentine's Day gifts ever!

Mandi said...

Please tell me you've tried the zippered hatch.

KQ said...

HA!! Those pictures are the best! So what color Forever Lazy did he give you? You guys are sooo romantic!

Nicole said...

Finally! I've been dreaming about this photo shoot for a week! What a pay off. It was the last thing I looked at on my Kindle before I fell asleep. (Good job resurrecting the Country Music Smile on that one. Hee!)

Heather McKeon said...

Fantastic. Also I can't wait to hear about how you partied it up with friends and were the talk of the tailgate party in Jeff's gift. Can't decide who is the bigger winner this year. Wait - what color did you get? Pink, I hope.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Oh my heck!! You guys are so funny!! I love it. His gift was awesome. The story behind the pictures..............too funny!!

allyn said...

I hadn't thought of that picture of shelley forever. I guess the one of Roland holding a basketball while wearing roller-skates on a rock staircase made more of an impression on me. You look super hot, but the best glamour shots are the ones of aron's Memaw's. Tough competition.