Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Spring Piano Recital

Last night I held my second annual spring piano recital at Piano Distributors in Chesterfield.  It was Miles' birthday, but that was the only night that all of my busy students could be there.  Everyone did a great job and I was so proud of them.

Sweet Chloe played "When the Saints Go Marching In", but we didn't get the camera out in time to record it.  Let's just say it was perfect.  After that, the two of us played "The Merry Old Land of Oz" as a duet.  It sounded like this:
 


The recital date was moved up two weeks, so the kids had to work extra hard to learn and memorize their pieces.  Harrison played "America, the Beautiful" and "Over the Rainbow" which was the longest song of any of my students.  I think he did a wonderful job with both of them.
 

 
At the end of the recital, everyone received trophies for completing a piano level this past year.  I wanted a picture of Harrison and Chloe together with their trophies, but instead I got this weird Olin Mills shot of them.

Phew!  Another year of piano finished!  This calls for cake.

3 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

Fantastic performances! Chloe was rocking the hair, Harrison was rocking the memorization, and Miles was rocking 4. Well done everyone!

Unknown said...

What? You teach piano? How do you find time for this?

melissa said...

My youngest kid is four. I got nothing but time, Chelsea.