Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Career Ending Injury

The day after we returned from Idaho, Jeff had knee surgery to repair a torn ACL and medial meniscus.  He was playing church basketball back in April and landed on his leg wrong.  Wives, I give you permission to use this story as a cautionary tale.
 
The surgery went well and he's been recovering quickly, but those first few days were pretty rough.  Jeff's not super great at letting me take care of him and I'm not super great at taking care of the kids and the house on my own.  I've come to appreciate what a great partnership we have and how much of the load he's been carrying.  There are days when I think that I'm the only one who ever does anything around here.  It turns out I'm full of crap.  Jeff does everything around here.  Husbands, I give you permission to use this story as a cautionary tale. 
 
I'm also grateful for our dear friends who have been so willing to help out.  We've had people babysit our kids, take them home from school, bring us dinner, drive our kids to activities, and we even had a family come and rake our leaves.  It's hard living so far away from family, especially when times are tough.  We're so blessed to have such a wonderful support system here.

2 Wisecracks:

Heidi said...

Church basketball is a very dangerous sport! ! That is how/where most of.my family got hurt. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! :)

Patti said...

It makes my heart happy hearing about all the help you've received, and also the great partnership you and Jeff have. Hope he continues to recover perfectly and quickly.