Monday, January 25, 2016

Boney Bash 2015

A few days after Christmas, my sister, Allyn, and her family of nine drove all the way from Virginia to visit us.  They're so adventurous!

Our kids were so happy to have cousins to play with all the livelong day.

Denham totally knows his way around a kitchen.  Most impressive.

Adam got Settlers of Catan for Christmas, so the kids showed the Boneys how to play.  It looked painful.

We took them to the Superstition Mountain Museum for some historical funtimes.  Everyone spun a wheel to try and win a ride on this donkey.

Lilja was the big winner!

I think she's engaged to this old dude now.

They're going to live happily ever after.

This place had everything!

I spend most of my day alone, so being a part of this parade was a real treat.

Allyn and Aron are so game for anything.  It's truly inspiring.

Cutest crew on the mountain!

Lilja may hate me for this, but she obviously did this because she knew she was on camera so that's on her.

Harrison thought these two little boys were the coolest kids, ever.  

Just the girls!  (Because the boys ran ahead to try and win another burro ride.)

Aron and the girls.  Happy times at the ghost town.

Everyone was standing together so I asked if I could get a picture.  Then that old man got in the picture and it was perfect.  See that Elvis chapel in the background?  It's pretty creepy on the inside, but awfully adorable on the outside.

Later that afternoon we took everyone to Organ Stop Pizza.  Everyone seemed to enjoy it very much.  Here the organist is playing the song Harrison requested: The Indiana Jones Theme.  

After pizza we went to the Mesa Temple to see the Christmas lights.  We only got separated three times.

These boys.  Can't you just see the mischief in their eyes?  

This is one of my favorite pictures, ever.  Don't know why.  I just love it.

And this is my new favorite picture of Allyn.  She looks like a sparkling diamond.

After Christmas lights we headed to Bahama Bucks for some shaved ice.  Aron filled up a punch card in one visit.  Nice.

That night the kids warmed up in the hot tub and then dared each other to jump in the pool.  There was a lot of happy screaming involved.  

The next day, the Boneys headed to downtown Phoenix to find the fun.  (Spoiler alert: there isn't any.)  The house seemed deathly quiet and my kids were so bored.  We were so happy when they came back and we could have a fun house again.

Thank you so much for driving all the way here and for making our holidays merry and bright!  And thanks for going halfsies on that 40lb bag of oranges.


3 Wisecracks:

Kimberly said...

Pizza and a Wurlitzer????? What kind of wonderland do you live in? I must come see you now.

Patti said...

SO. MUCH. FUN!!!!! I love these pictures, and these people!

Nicole said...

This post is my FAVORITE. Loved every picture. Lilja looks so much like junior high Allyn that it made me miss that Allyn. And SO MANY BOYS!!! I can hardly believe it when our childhood was nothing but girls everywhere. :)