Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"We're all together again. We're here! We're here!"



My family came into town this past Thanksgiving weekend for a family reunion. We hadn't all been together since Jeff and I got married five and a half years ago. (My younger sister, Makenzie, had a baby a couple of weeks ago and decided she wasn't up to the trip. We all understood but missed her family very much.) The Lee Family Extravaganza of Fun 2007 (or LFEOF '07) events were as follows:

Thursday: Thanksgiving feast at Katy's which included more pie. I officially filled my pie quota for the decade.

Friday: Nicole's Family Trivia Game, Round One during which my team (Team Wonder) earned the highest points. Mom acted as MC for a talent show after dinner. The grandkids played short pieces and the kids sang "Never Tell a Lie" as a tribute to our days on the nursing home circuit.

Saturday: Katy set out to photograph 31 people at their best. Most of them cooperated. The ladies headed to Beadazzled in Cary to celebrate Allyn's 30th birthday. On the way home we stopped at Goodberry's to add joy to our Thanksgiving hips. The men stayed with the kids and watched some sort of team sport.

Sunday: Nicole's Family Trivia Game, Rounds 2 and 3 where my team ended with negative 337 points.

We had such a great time! Harrison got to know his cousin, Adam, better and even got to have a sleepover with him. He said, "I'm going to go sleep with Adam because he's not my cousin, anymore. He's my friend." Awwwww.

Take a look at the slideshow below for a play-by-play.

2 Wisecracks:

Jami & Boys said...

that's awesome! you gotta love family get-togethers! looks like you had lots of fun and got a great picture out of it as well!

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Wow! When did the Lee family get so huge?! What a beautiful picture of all of you.