Thursday, March 27, 2008

Caketown, Throwdowns, and the White Rabbit

This week was my week to teach preschool. Monday I taught the kids all about life in the city, since I'm the teacher with the most street cred. (Though Rachael gets automatic scrappiness points for being Canadian.) After my lesson, I had each of them draw a picture of a city they would like to live in.
Here is Harrison's:

He called it "Caketown." "Caketown has a big, huge piece of cake in the middle of town that everyone can eat whenever they want," he explained. I hope Caketown is a short commute to Salt Lake City.

During our drawing time I had to break up a pretty serious disagreement between Rylee and Sophie over whose arabesque was the best (of all time). Normally I would put my money on Rylee in a throwdown with a Dyreng Twin, but something in Sophie's eyes told me she was playing for keeps on this one. So Rylee got served and the dance off is scheduled for sometime next week.

As the kids were getting ready to leave, we discovered that the white rabbit (featured in the slideshow on my last post) was still in our yard. The kids requested carrots to feed the bunny. The girls chased the poor animal all over the yard with their carrots raised like little warrior princesses. Meanwhile, Harrison yelled like a lady, ran up a tree, and threw his carrot across the yard (no doubt assuming that the vicious monster would jump up and catch it between it's teeth).

On Wednesday I taught them all about camping. Jeff got a good chuckle out of that one.


(Pictured above: Rylee, Harrison, Sophie, and Syrena.)

We haven't seen the white rabbit for the past couple of days, so I'm assuming he's halfway to Caketown by now.

8 Wisecracks:

Unknown said...

Harrison is a genius! This entire post is so hilarious and I wish you were my teacher!

Jami & Boys said...

i laughed and laughed -- i so love your blog!

Unknown said...

I will be laughing about that post all night.
By the way, Sophie and Syrena loved the hike. It was definately the highlight of the "camping" theme.
You're a genius!

Greg said...

Caketown?? Sounds like a little slice of heaven to me!!

KQ said...

I'm sure that Harrison doesn't get *any* of his creativity from his stand-up-comedian mother! I thought of you the other day (not that I don't think of you everyday) when I was on the phone with my dad while he was driving and the next thing I know he started honking the horn and yelling "IDIOT"!!! Gotta love my dad! Later. -"Kikka Verse"

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Hilarious. I was laughing through the whole post, and actually read it aloud to Noah. I don't do that very often... it blows my cover that I'm actually blogging when otherwise I look engaged in something more productive.

Anonymous said...

Caketown originally apeared on an episode of "Maggie and the Ferocious Beast" which airs daily on Noggin.

melissa said...

Are you kidding me?! Here I thought he was so creative. Ah, well. I guess he'll have to learn to use his imagination . . . IN PRISON!