Thursday, April 17, 2008

Once Upon a Time . . .

Yesterday in preschool we were talking about stories. We played a game where I started a story and then threw a ball to someone else to continue the story and that person then tosses the ball to someone else . . . bla bla bla. Here's how it went:

ME: Once upon a time there was a banana named . . . [Toss.]
SOPHIE: Sophie. [Long pause. Toss.]
SYRENA: This banana named Sophie had other banana friends. One was named Syrena. One was named Harrison. One was named Rylee. And one was named Chloe. [Toss.]
HARRISON: I don't want to do this.
ME: DO IT, ANYWAY! [Pause.] Did they go somewhere?
HARRISON: Yes. They went to the beach and one of them died in the water. [Toss.]
RYLEE: And then Jesus came and took their friend up to live with him in Heaven. [Toss.]
ME: [Long pause.] And they were so happy to know that they would see their banana friend again in Heaven someday. The end.

7 Wisecracks:

Unknown said...

I will never get tierd of hearing this story. ...I wish I could have been there.

Kristi said...

Hilarious. I wish I could visit preschool sometime without them knowing it, ah the laughs I would enjoy!

allyn said...

i think you should publish that story. surely you could get a good illustrator for the job.

Courtney said...

This story is hilarious! I love Harrison's contribution to the game after you made him participate: kill off one of the characters. That is priceless!

Also, you are definitely right about that movie. And your pinpointing it like that made me laugh out loud! It was so bad! Poor Michelle - I guess we all made bad decisions ;)

Kasey Q said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kasey Q said...

Very cute.
BTW, I told you I'd give you my discount code for Shade Clothing. I'd email you, but I don't have your address. The code is qui26796. You can use it online, in the Shade Store (American Fork, UT), or at any kiosks (around the country). If you ever choose to order something though, let me know and I will be able to save you more money if you have me put it through for you rather than going online. I can also send you the specials each month if you'd like (kasey.quiller@shadeclothing.net).

Greg said...

An instant Classic! You should be published!!