Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Recommended Reading

Thank you all for coming to my rescue! I can't wait to get reading. I thought I'd share everyone's suggestions in case others were looking for some fun summer reading.


Rich recommends The Sisters Grimm by Michael Buckley. Sounds like fun! A cookie for you.

Kate recommends Jill Churchill mysteries, Raney by Clyde Edgerton, and Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann. Three cookies for you.

Allyn recommends War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. Woah! Go crazy, Al! Cookie crumb for you.

Meredith recommends These is my Words and Sarah's Quilts by Nancy Turner. I've had these books recommended to me before and will definitely read them. However, my understanding is that they're about slave life. Does slave life equal fun summer reading? Tough call. Half a cookie for you.
Heather recommends The Host by Stephanie Myers. Half a cookie for you since you were not aware of my New Year's resolution not to read Stephanie Myers books.

Liz P. recommends the Twilight series by Stephanie Myers. Negative cookie for knowing my New Year's resolution and suggesting it, anyway.

Uno Kidney recommends books by Janet Evanovich about female bounty hunters in New Jersey, and The Island of Lost Maps by Miles Harvey. Dos cookies for you, Uno.

Patti recommends The Know-it-all: One Man's Quest to Read the Encyclopedia Britannica. I'll pack your cookie with my beach towel, Patti.

The Lewises recommend The Houshusband by Ad Hudler. A cookie for you both.

Melyssa recommends the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella and Notes from a Small Island (a funny travel book about Great Britain) by Bill Bryson. Two cookies for you, Melyssa with a "y."

Jeff saved the day and bought me When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris. A cookie jar for you, my love!

Happy reading!






3 Wisecracks:

elizabeth said...

I will try not to cry myself to sleep since I am the ONLY person to get a negative cookie.

Meredith said...

You must be confusing my book recommendations with something else. They are NOT about slave life, and are definitely great summer reading!

melissa said...

I just looked up These is My Words on Amazon and I was SO confusing your books with something else. My sincerest apologies, Meredith! A bag of Oreos for you and I will definitely check them out for great summer reading!