Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Where Accessories Go To Die

Yesterday I put Chloe's hair in a ponytail for the first time. It was adorable.

After lunch she came up to me and said, "Mommy, my ponytail's in my nose." Since she usually speaks in code, I figured this was a euphemism for something else. Nope. No code. She had a ponytail holder in her nose. She insisted that I get it out using nothing but magic. I tried taking it out with tweezers when she was sleeping, but it was too far in. When she woke up, she said her nose was fine, but that her mouth hurt. I think it had moved to her throat because she kept making noises like a cat with a hairball. In the end, I'm pretty sure she swallowed it.

Last night I went to one of those "Come to my house and buy things" parties and found this:

HA! Try stickin' that up your nose, missy!

9 Wisecracks:

KQ said...

What is it with kids and putting things up their noses?! We still tease Crystal about her childhood nose fetish. She had TERRIBLE breath for a couple weeks and we couldn't figure out what the problem was. Turns out she has put a piece of sponge up her nose and it was rotting up there. Thank goodness for younger siblings to pick on! I love how Chloe looks all mad that she now has to wear a sweet flower in her hair!

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh. I thought I was going to die about the ponytail holder up her nose. I am way glad I made it through the post because I love the last picture. Chloe looks quite disgruntled. I imagine her being miffed that she can't get this one up her nose - lol!

Katy said...

Remember the time Helena got a bead stuck up her nose and I had to haul 3 very small children to the doctor, then to the ENT and they wanted to put her under to remove it surgically? NOT GOOD TIMES!! Luckily she held still long enough for the doctor to use a very expensive pair of one-time-use tweezers to get it out before it came down to surgery.

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

We used to stick things up my little brother's nose. But, I am SURE Harrison is much nicer than we were. Also, I LOVE those parties...the food is great! That was nice of you to actually buy something:-)hehehe

Unknown said...

Hehehehe! I have SO enjoyed catching up on your blog just now. Soo many great and hilarious things in just one week - I love it. We are loving the ponytails and the superheroes at our house as well! Those wedding pictures you posted are priceless and made my blood pressure go up just thinking about it ;)

Catie said...

Chloe's face in the third picture is priceless!!

So-- Jump on It was at the Lindon/American Fork exit as you head down towards Provo. It was like $4/hr for David and free for kids 3 and under. Super fun-- you should try it out.

We miss you all. I also LOVE your hair cut, you look great!

melissa said...

Thanks, Catie! We'll definitely check it out. We miss you, too!

Bush's said...

Love the look on her face, way to go mom!

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Okay, My belly hurts from laughing so hard. How funny is that!!!
How are you guys doing?!! How was the long move to Utah? Are you liking it there? We will have to keep in touch better, I miss ya!!

Andrea