Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pandamonium!

In an effort to teach Chloe not to be a Poopy Pants, I made her a potty chart. Every day that she stays dry, she gets to put a sticker on the chart. After seven stickers, she gets to have a Panda Day. We started this two (very long) weeks ago and today she finally got to have her Panda Day.

I gave her a stuffed Po doll so that Coco Pup would no longer be an old spinster panda. Then I took her to the only place in town showing Kung Fu Panda.

When we got there, we were told that they were no longer showing it. WAAAAAGGHHHH! I tried to explain that it was Panda Day and we'd been waiting for this for weeks, but they seemed unmoved.

I took the kids aside to think of a new plan and discovered that we had entered a strange new land adjacent to the movie theater. Inside were bumper cars, a putt-putt course, a roller coaster, a playground, a skating rink, and a carousel with this uber-creepy panda.

After a few nauseating rides, I took the kids to Panda Express for "Panda Cookies."

Here's Chloe's fortune:

Hopefully that means we'll get to see Kung Fu Panda someday.


So, while she did stay dry for seven days, every other day she was a Poopy Pants. Anyone know any tricks for making a kid do their bidness in the toilet? I'll try anything legal.

11 Wisecracks:

Unknown said...

Have you tried making her help you clean it up? We did that. Justin didn't think it was very fun...

Lindsay said...

You are SO creative! All I could come up with was jelly beans and bubbles.

Ashley said...

This is awesome, way to wing it! No, no advice here. I'm trying to come up with all the reasons why I DON'T want to potty train right now.

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Olivia did that all the time and she didn't even care to sit in her poop?!? I made her clean it up and then I would make her wipe all the baseboards with baby wipes too, but it didn't work, because she 'LOVES to clean!' But I think she was pulling a reverse psy. on me...

allyn said...

i have had no problems with the poops until mr. banks came along. it only took 2 years to convince him that pooping in the potty is the right and healthy thing to do. sorry, not so helpful. i tried making him clean it. i tried cold showers. i tried screaming, ranting, and gnashing of teeth. he just decided to do it this summer. sheeesh

elizabeth said...

The first time I got Lilly to poop in the potty was partly because I promised her a Barbie. After that we kept a bowl of lollipops near by that are only for that occasion. That seemed to really work.

Kimberly said...

Since I'm not officially potty training, EVER, I don't have any advice, only empathy. The other day Catherine brought me a diaper to put on (they were enjoying naked time). She had poop coming out of her already, so I put her on the potty, promised her M&M's, vitamins (they look like gummy bears) and a new car. No dice. As soon as the cloth diaper was on, she did her business.

And that is why I'm not looking forward to doing this officially.

Nicole said...

The secret to Bridget's pooping success is me watching her face every second of every day waiting for "the look," then running like a mad woman to the bathroom with her under my arm.

Btw, Garfield without Garfield is the funniest thing I've ever seen and I'm stealing it for my blog. Ha!

melissa said...

I usually wash it off with cold water and she gets to blow bubbles for a few minutes (a "bubble party") if she actually poops in the potty. She is always sincerely apologetic when she does it, so I know she knows it's not acceptable. There's some element missing for her and I don't know what it is.

The good news is that she did it today for the 4th time, ever, so yay!

Unknown said...

We did the sticker chart too and had a "prize pot" on top of the fridge for such occassions full of really cheap exciting stuff (think dollar store) that worked SOMETIMES for Parker. One day it just kind of clicked. It seems like they just have to decide it's their idea or something. How amazing that the carousel had a PANDA. I have never seen one on a carousel before! The picture of it accidentally made snot come out of my nose. hahahaha :)

Unknown said...

I think you are a great mom and you are doing just fine. I don't know very many moms who are as creative and fun as you are.

She'll figure it out. The rest of us did. :)