Sunday, August 3, 2008

Has Anyone Here Had a Birthday?

It's me! I've had a birthday! (That's how our family birthday song begins. Yes, we have a family birthday song. Don't be jealous.)

Thank you for all of the sweet birthday wishes and comments about getting older. I've decided to take Nicole's advice and be glad I'm not "a stupid kid" anymore. I guess that means now I'm just stupid.
Jeff and I were able to go out on a date for the first time in a long time. Three cheers (one cheer apiece) for Tivo, Thai food, and Tina Fey movies!

Friday night my sisters, Makenzie and Nicole, came over for Happy Fun Night (since Jeff was on overnight call). You can tell we're having happy fun because we're wearing feather boas, see?

Saturday I returned to my birthplace: Pocatello, Idaho. There I gave the kids a tour of the hospital where I was born, the mall where my mom's water broke, and the Golden Corral where . . . my grandparents insist on making us eat every time we go to Pocatello.

5 Wisecracks:

Nicole said...

I love the part where Makenzie bought that awesome feather boa just for Happy Fun Night and then posed for her picture. I didn't even know you took my picture and it looks like I'm wearing a skinny raccoon around my neck. Cheers to helping the crippled children run and play, lady!

Unknown said...

One of my favorite NC memories includes sitting at your family's dinner table and listening to the birthday song. The only part I remember is the "has anyone here had a birthday?" line and it gets stuck in my head all the time. If it wasn't so funny, it would be totally annoying. Happy Birthday!

kenzie said...

It was fun, wasn't it. I like happy fun day. We should do it more often.

Unknown said...

Mmmmm....love the cheese cake! Lucky you! How I miss those feather boas...

I'm so glad you had a good birthday, Melissa!

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!
Sounds like a lot of fun!!

Don't worry, you are not THAT old. (wait, how old are you?..... ha ha!)

Glad you got to feast with Grandma and Grandpa. (the never to be avoided event. haha!)