Tuesday, August 19, 2008

You're the devil, Creamie.

When Jeff's on overnight call I tend to overeat. In my search for a satisfying snack that wasn't as fattening as Haagan Dasz, I discovered these:

I opened my first Creamie and was swept up in a wave of deliciousness. I was about to throw away the stick when I noticed there was a little message on it. "Chill. Have another Creamie." Another Creamie? What an inspired idea! I went to the freezer and enjoyed another piece of heaven on a stick. When I finished my second one, I found another message on the stick. "Treat yourself to another Creamie." Surely a sign from above. This little dance continued until I had eaten most of the box. I have since bought five more boxes and I still haven't tried all of their sweet, sassy flavors.

You're the devil, Creamie.

9 Wisecracks:

Kimberly said...

Can I get those here? Ricky's schedule (and my supremely not sweet girls) has added ten pounds to my lovely bones. Ricky suggested instead of stress eating, that I crochet. yeah......

Kristina P. said...

I have noticed a disturbing trend in blog posts lately, which make me want to gain 50 pounds. Everyone keeps posting about delicious frozen treats!! My waistline can't handle it.

OK, I'm done.

melissa said...

I don't remember ever seeing Creamies in the East. So sad for you, kimberly.

Who else is posting about delicious frozen treats? Me likey the frozen treats!

Nicole said...

I used to buy a banana Creamie every day after lunch at the COB. Maybe not every day. They were the cheapest treat, and yet the most evil.

Yes, bring on the frozen treats!

Ashley said...

Speaking of becoming a St Louis-zian, I need to write you a novel on everything to do here with your kids. And when you guys are coming out to house hunt, please stay with us! Even if it ends up being a time we're not here you could just have the keys to our place. I trust you :) And more importantly, I have nothing of value to steal!

melissa said...

It's a deal, Ashley! I can't wait for your novel. I'm sure it will be a bestseller. Too bad you didn't warn me about St. Louis-style pizza. Le gross.

Uno Kidney said...

So One day, before i understood the Creamie and before we were married, I said to Kyle and his friend, hey, want a popsicle? And they said no. So I went and GOt a Creamie and I came back and they looked at me and said "you didn't say CREAMIE"....little did I know it is a sin in Idaho and Utah to call a Creamie a popsicle.
They ARE delicous.

Emma said...

OH dang...you made me really jealous. I miss those Creamies. My favorites are banana, chocolate covered banana, and chocolate covered mint (for some reason I would only find the mint ones at the family history library downtown SL (this was like 12 years ago)...made me look forward to going with my mom while she did family history, but not fun while waiting for her to finish 4 or 5 hours later. You can only eat so many mint creamies....) AGhhhGGHHHH!!!!!! I NEED A CREAMIE!

Patti said...

And sad for me! I was going to ask the same question as Miss Kimberly. Wait - maybe it's really a good thing.