Monday, June 22, 2009

The Nomads

We moved out of our condo on June 5th but had to stick around town while Jeff finished work. Lucky for us we had some very kind family members who allowed us to invade their homesteads for a few days.

Our first stay was with Jeff's grandparents. I didn't get any pictures of this time. Probably because I was too busy keeping the kids from breaking family heirlooms.

Next we stayed with my sister Nicole's family. Highlights included:
A backyard luau . . .


. . . and Jump On It. Wall to wall trampolines. Brilliant.

Then we headed to Idaho and stayed with my parents where we enjoyed one last trip to the Golden Corrall (EVER),

. . . my Dad's 60th Birthday, [Here he is having the sweetest experience reading his birthday book.]

an appropriate gift from Aunt Jennie,

[Ah, shucks, I can't stay mad at him.]

and quality time with my Grandpa Lee.

Later we headed back to Utah to my cousin's mission farewell. These are my cousins Collin and Megan. Collin just left on a mission to Raleigh, NC. If you see him, show him some love.

I had to say goodbye to my sisters and these goons that day.

It was sad. Mostly because Mom wouldn't give me my baby back, so I had to put the smack down.

[I think this is a good picture of you, Mom. Are we cool, now?)
I miss you guys already. Have a great summer! KIT!

P.S. The morning we left Utah I was up feeding the baby and watching the Today show when a Smith's commercial came on. There I was ten months pregnant and laughing about how much I love grocery shopping. I couldn't leave town fast enough.

7 Wisecracks:

Tammy and Alvin said...

Alvin's brother, Seth Van Orden, is serving in Raleigh. Maybe your cousin and he can be friends. :)

Heather McKeon said...

"Please jump in control. Don't be stupid!" Probably the best warning sign I have ever seen!

Unknown said...

Woah! I love it that you made the cuts for the Smith's Commercial --Awesome!! Also when I was in Elementary School we had to draw our dream house and I had a room in it EXACTLY like the wall to wall trampolines (minus the sign)!

Great pics!

Claire said...

Goons? You betcha

Jen said...

That first picture of Chloe and Bridget is seriously awesome. Also the boring GC picture. Glad you're back!

allyn said...

i think mom had the right idea, though. that is one sweet lookin' baby. you pictures always capture everyone's exact thoughts. i guess can you say a lot with your facial expressions.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

"ten months pregnant" ha ha! that made me laugh. It sure feels like we are pregnant LONG after we have the darn baby. ha ha!

That first picture looks like a mini version of you and Nicole. Too cute!!