Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hot Town Summer in the City

I heart St. Louis. Yesterday the kids and I met some friends at Citygarden, an area in the middle of downtown that includes gardens, sculptures, and water works.

Harrison was a fan of the sprinklers.
Chloe, as always, was apprehensive.
This is My Awesome Friend Wendy who calls me a few times a week to ask if I want to have fun. DO I?
"Mommy, can I do ballet on water?"
Bradley, Harrison, and Chloe dance by the giant head. ("Look at the size of that boy's noggin!")
Chloe and Bradley doing a trust exercise.

Those blocks they're jumping on were actually chimes. They were making sweet city music.
My Awesome Friend Wendy told me to tell you that My Awesome Friend Wendy took this picture.
Catch ya later, Citygarden.
You so want to come visit me, don't you?

11 Wisecracks:

wendy holt said...

Your awesome friend Wendy must be totally awesome....however...NOT an awesome picture of your awesome friend Wendy. It was fun anyway! Better hit the gym!

wendy holt said...

Your awesome friend Wendy must be totally awesome....however...NOT an awesome picture of your awesome friend Wendy. It was fun anyway! Better hit the gym!

wendy holt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
melissa said...

It's true that it's not your awesomest moment, but I was afraid people would think I was making you up. How could one friend be that awesome?

Nicole said...

Pictures of Chloe looking apprehensive always make me laugh. Bad aunt. Now that I've seen this post, I have just two words:

ROAD TRIP.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

The "trust exercise" picture was great!!! You crack me up!
So can people actually get inside that huge head? I SWEAR I see a little hand coming out of one of the eyes.........

Patti said...

So many things to see and do! I'm totally playing the chimes and climbing to the top of that head next visit!

Mom said...

I'm with Patti! Maybe we should go at the same time.:) How wonderful to have such an awesome friend and such an awesome city - can't wait to meet both of them! Where is Miles?

Ashley said...

I do, actually. I really, really do. I wish my car would make it.

Heidi said...

Totally awesome! Happy that you have such an awesome friend!

Unknown said...

that looks like so much fun. And you look so sophisticated there in the city, Melissa. Why can't I move to St. Louis?