Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thirty, Flirty, and Fabulous!

I turned 30 yesterday and all is well. For the past few weeks I've been thinking about what I wanted to have done by the time I turned 30. Don't most people have a list? I didn't have a list. As a teenager when I pictured myself at 30 I imagined I would have graduated from college, fallen in love, married, had a few children, seen a Broadway play, been to the top of the Eiffel Tower, spit over the Grand Canyon, driven across the country, and been spanked by Tom Wopat. It would seem I am exactly where I wanted to be.

A couple of months ago, the lovely ladies of my family gave me a fancy camera for my 30th birthday. It's my favorite toy. In honor of my birthday, I present to you "30 Pictures of My 30th Birthday." (With apologies to your Google Readers.)

ONE: French Silk Joy. I had so many candles that one pie could not contain them!

TWO: Skipping to My Lou
THREE: Airplanes!

FOUR: Two Cameras. Harrison took this shot. Love it.

FIVE: Sophisticated Ladies. Chloe and I are forever wearing boas and smelling daisies. It's how we do.

SIX: Little Face.
SEVEN: Humour Me

EIGHT: H-Dog. I wanted a picture of me with each of my kids. Guess which one wouldn't cooperate?

NINE: Just Like Mommy

TEN: Just Me and the Wind

ELEVEN: How Old?!

TWELVE: Peace

THIRTEEN: Life as Usual

FOURTEEN: Don't Be Jealous

FIFTEEN: Superfans

SIXTEEN: Busch Stadium

SEVENTEEN: Pujols! Just to give you an idea of how awesome this camera is, we were sitting on the very back row in the highest section of the stadium. You can see the stubble on Albert's face, dude!

EIGHTEEN: Talkin' Smack. Pujols chats up the third baseman.

NINETEEN: Cardinals Kicks. You can never have a bad day wearing red shoes.

TWENTY: Nicely Done. Rick Ankiel gives Mark DeRosa a high-five after DeRosa hits a homerun.

TWENTY-ONE: At the Old Ball Game. I don't know why one would need both peanuts and cracker jacks. It clearly states on the bag that both are included in cracker jacks. I'm just sayin'.

TWENTY-TWO: Up in the Rafters

TWENTY-THREE: I'm at a Baseball Game! Sadly, Makenzie was calling for medical advice from Jeff.
TWENTY-FOUR: "We're Winning!" That's what Jeff said to me after I took this picture. I had to include a shot of the rude ladies in front of us. No class.

TWENTY-FIVE: Right Here in St. Louis! In honor of my birthday, fireworks went off down by the arch.

TWENTY-SIX: Meeting on the Mound. Two of my favorite players: Catcher Yadier Molina and pitcher Franklin.

TWENTY-SEVEN: Fastball. Franklin closes the game.

TWENTY-EIGHT: Game Over! The Cardinals beat the Houston Astros 4-3. So there!

TWENTY-NINE: Go Cards! Because this day didn't have quite enough self-portraits.

THIRTY: One More Hour. The Metro station clock reminds me that my sweet day is coming to an end.


15 Wisecracks:

Unknown said...

Wow! That was an extravaganza of great pictures and I am in love with your kitchen and your birthday dress!! :)

You make 30 look delightful!

Ashley said...

(1) You already have favorite Cardinal players? Showing the city love, I like it. (2) I love your kitchen. (3) I love your birthday dress. (4) I love Chloe's pigtail braids. Happy Birthday!!!

Tammy and Alvin said...

You picked a great game to go to: close game, come from behind, and most importantly, a Cardinals win! We are big Yadier fans in this house, too. Franklin wasn't as popular until he grew that 4 inches of hair he has coming off of his chin. Glad you didn't miss the facial hair from the upper deck.

Jess said...

Well, I WAS all excited for your baseball game until I saw that it was my Astros that you beat. Now I'm in a world of hurt. :) Glad you had a great day!

Jeff said...

Minor correction - that's Julio Jugo and not Mark DeRosa in that picture. But they're new, so it's ok.

Also, Melissa mostly likes Molina... Franklin just happened to be in the picture. She thinks Yadier has a "nice countenance". Her words, not mine.

Katy said...

Love,love, love your dress!! Happy Birthday and welcome to the old lady club. Good thing you worked at Annie Get Your Gun, otherwise that Tom Wopat thing might never have happened!

Unknown said...

that is awesome! I'm glad you had such a great b-day!

allyn said...

thanks for clearing that one up for me, katy. i wasn't sure who wopat was. that was a defining moment for you, melissa.
seriously, is that your kitchen or did you find some retro stage for you to look "june cleaver" in? i love it, either way. it is adorable.
you totally lived it up! good for you.

melissa said...

Ha! That's our real kitchen. Jeff wants me to tell you it's smaller than it looks in the picture. I heart the floor and gas stove.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Allyn is right, you totally look like June cleaver in your kitchen. ha ha!
Happy birthday!!! I sure hope I age as well as you do. I was scared about the whole 30 thing, but you make it look like fun. :)

Heidi said...

you are too cute! I agree with all cute dress and kitchen! I am glad you had a great birthday!

elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday! I love baseball, I am so jealous, despite what your shirt tells me.

Nicole said...

When I read that there were going to be 30 pictures I was a little concerned. Good thing they were all AWESOME pictures! You're working wonders with your present. :) The self-portraits are especially good (I'm sure having long arms helps.) So glad you celebrated in style. Btw, once you hit 30, no more lists-of-things-to-do-before... Take a load off. :)

Heather McKeon said...

Ditto to what Heather Winters said!

Patti said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto to everything! Very fun pictures of a very fun day of a very fun 30 year old!