Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Other Favorites

Jeff says I've been giving the impression that Miles is my favorite child. Not true. He's my favorite baby. But I suppose my other babies deserve a little face time, too.


Harrison continues to delight us with his great ideas. On Sunday the kids wanted to make cookies, but we didn't have any brown sugar. Harrison suggested he run to the neighbor's house and ask for some. He did and as we were finishing up the dough, he said we ought to thank the neighbors by taking them some of the cookies. Then he thought that maybe our other neighbors would be sad that they didn't have cookies. And that's how we ended up making cookies for all of our neighbors.


Chloe loves spending the day with Mommy and Miles. Or maybe she doesn't. I can't really tell. Yesterday she was stung by a hornet. She took it pretty well. Later she told me "If you're being stung by a bug, you're not having fun." She turns everything from batteries to feathers into her special friends. I should probably get her some real friends.
Jeff loves his new job. I love that he's home in time for dinner. He was even able to go to Open House at Harrison's school. Jeff says the pictures of Harrison's teacher don't do her justice. "She's really pretty," says Mister Never Going to Harrison's School Again.

Miles cries. And his poop stinks. And I think he hates puppies.
(Happy now, Jeff?)

12 Wisecracks:

KQ said...

You make me laugh. Your kids have no chance to be anything other than clever, witty, and sarcastic.

Kimberly said...

Baha!

I'm bringing some friends to town for Chloe.

I'll try not to be jealous of Jeff's schedule. I keep telling him he should have been a dentist. Or a radiologist.

Nicole said...

I wish you'd borrowed brown sugar from me. Cookies would be good right now. (How sweet and thoughtful is your little boy?!)

We miss Chloe every day. No kidding - her name is mentioned at least once a day around here. And sometimes "Chloe's Baby, Miles." :)

Unknown said...

LOL. Beautiful, sweet children all of them!! I love that you fed all of the neighbors cookies and that the pictures of Harrison's teacher didn't do her justice. hahaha!

The other day Greg said "Jessica Simpson is sooo pretty but she is really clueless." I was like "You think she is sooo pretty?" HAHAHAHA

Allison and Noah Riley said...

This post is hilarious. I especially cracked up over the teacher comment.

Jess said...

I don't think I'd let my husband go to Harrison's school either. :) I love Harrison's generosity. Just something else we learn from kids (other than insanity, I guess).

Patti said...

Too bad the crying, stinky poopy, puppy-hating baby is adorable! You guys are three for three in the cute kid department!

Meredith said...

Such great pictures! And as for the teacher comment, I think it shows how comfortable Jeff is with his own beautiful wife that he can say such a thing out loud. Now Jeff, you've said your piece; never say anything like that ever again.

Kasey Q said...

Take THAT, Jeff!

allyn said...

i was missing h. time, actually. miles is super sweet and i want to squeeze him someday, but h. makes me laugh, as does the beautiful chloe. thanks for touching all the bases.


whatever, pageant queen 1st grade teacher.

allyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire said...

Harrison is awesome. I can still hear him playing show host "Ladies and Gentlmen!" Chloe is too cute for words, and it sometimes feels like I should go back to batteries and feathers so more power to her! Miles, whatcha gonna do? Sometimes poop happens. He looks a lot like Harrison! I love all the pictures. Did you take them with your lovely camera?