Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Falling

Things I've fallen for in the past few weeks:

Dates with Harrison: I needed some quality time with Harrison so we went out last Saturday and saw Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs in 3D.  (May I just say that 3D movies are pretty freakin' awesome?)  I told him that when he's 16 he can start dating other girls.  He said, "You mean, until I'm 16 I can only date my mom?"  It sounds weird when you put it that way.

My Delicious Baby: Newborn babies=precious.  Six-Nine month babies=so cute!  Two-Six month babies=Meh.  Miles has passed through the awkward baby phase and is most edible.
Mad Men: Every time I watch this show I think "Hmm.  Nothing is really happening."  (Except Sunday's episode.  Holy cow!)  Then I spend the rest of the week thinking about it.  Curse you, Mad Men!
Tivo: While I'm on the subject of t.v., I'd just like to thank Tivo for allowing me to watch the first five minutes and the last five minutes of the wedding episode of The Office over and over and over again.

Chloe Lovin' Her Halloween Costume: Saturday I made the mistake of telling her she could wear her costume.  I didn't realize it was in the laundry.  Jeff suggested that perhaps she could "wear normal clothes for a change."  She decided to take a stand and remain in her underwear for a couple of hours instead.
Fall in Missouri: It's very similar to Fall in North Carolina so it feels like home.  Not that Utah doesn't have Fall.  (They do have Fall, but they are lacking in biscuits.)  There just aren't as many trees there, so it's not as spectacular.  So, thanks for the Fall, Missouri.  It's super.

Cooking: Between being pregnant, children who prefer all food in nugget form, and a husband who was rarely home for dinner I kind of gave up on cooking last year.  We mostly ate frozen, canned, and boxed food.  (I declare this a trial period for food storage living.)  I joined a cooking club here and my desire to make fresh food as been renewed.  Thanks Cooking Club.  My family thanks you, too.
My Darling Husband:  His abliity to read people clearly is a gift I covet.  I'm not the most rational, productive, attractive, considerate woman in the world, but he sure makes me feel like I am.  Love feelings.

15 Wisecracks:

Anne said...

Gorgeous photos! You and that camera are good together.

Jess said...

I love all of the fall pictures! We do not get the changing leaves here in Houston. There are trees with green leaves and trees with no leaves. Sad. :(

KQ said...

I love the pictures. I want your camera. No seriously I do.

Up until this season, it has been hard for me to choose my favorite Office episode, because they're all so funny. That is, until the wedding episode. During that scene I go back and forth between wanting to cry tears of joy for Jim and Pam and laughing too hard to think about how sweet it all is. I mean, when Dwight kicks that chick in the face?! Ohhh HaaHaa!!! Anyway, there's no doubt that's my all-time favorite episode.

Elizabeth said...

I'm with you on Mad Men. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still watching the show. I haven't watched the last two episodes, so perhaps I have something to look forward to! Beautiful pictures.

Patti said...

Wow! I'm sitting in North Carolina and it's beautiful, but it doesn't even hold a candle to St. Louis! Wait, what does that even mean? Thanks for The Office link (although it's missing the look at the end, but I'm dealing) and the amazing food club. Those Webster Groves/Shrewsbury chicks have it goin' on!

Katy said...

Gorgeous pictures! I keep waiting for it to stop raining here so I can take some photos. And PS, you are totally attractive! What are you thinking?

melissa said...

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm hot. But I'm not the MOST attractive woman in the world.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

I think I will just hire you to come and take all of my pictures for me. Your pictures ALWAYS turn out so amazing!!
(of course, I don't have any money to pay you for the job.......do you want one of my kids?!!)

Looks like Jeff just helps you feel what you really are. Men are good like that. And THAT is why we all need a good man in our lives. :)

Nicole said...

"Children who prefer all food in nugget form..." Oh my goodness, not only are you the MOST attractive, rational, productive woman in the world, you're also the funniest. Thanks for all the nice photos of fall. It snowed here yesterday and I can't see ours anymore. :(

Annette Bailey said...

You are the most talented and witty woman I know and I still think about the time you recited Ogden Nash's "A Private Dining Room" (from MEMORY!) with delight and awe. I hope to see you and your wonderful family again someday soon!

Heather McKeon said...

Mmmm yes I love my DVR so that I too could watch the wedding on The Office over and over. But in addition to the loveliness of it all, can I just say that I can't get enough of Oscar's dance moves!!

allyn said...

GOR-JUS pictures. who knew st.louis fall would be sooo fantastic? we are gray and wet. but i love it! thank you for your lovely vignettes. they brought a bit of joy into my humdrum life.

can't wait for the next installment from the hottest, most rational, productive considerate woman in the world.

('member when mom or dad told p.t. that you thought nathan was hottie? that was awesome)

melissa said...

I don't remember that at all! Ha! Are you talking Taggerts right now? If not, I'm even more confused.

Kristi said...

love your photography skills, love your scrumptious baby, love your humor. love you.

Harrison said...

Wearing underwear for a hour whoo thats to funny can you belive it i never have been so amazed so tellChloe to do it now!