Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Tutu for You, Too

This morning I piled all the kids in the car in the pouring rain to take Harrison to school and discovered that the car had a flat tire.  The day hasn't picked up much since then.  Since Allyn and Andrea are sharing their weekly craft projects and Ashley is sharing things that she finds beautiful in her life, I'd like to do both.


Last night I made Chloe a tutu.  I found a no-sew tutu tutorial on youtube.  (Say that ten times fast.)


Watching her dance around the house and tell me how much she loved it was the highlight of my day. 


I wish I looked this good in a tutu.


Days like this remind me of how lucky I am to have kind friends who are willing to take my kid to school or let me borrow their car to pick him up.  And friends who are willing to rearrange their lives because one of my kids gets sick.  And friends who have better things to do than read my blog, but do it anyway because they're nice.  And smart.  And, may I add, looking very thin today.  Have you lost weight?

8 Wisecracks:

Mom said...

Why, yes I have. Thank you for noticing.:) I don't get it - please tell me how you made that tutu without sewing!

Unknown said...

Beautiful tutu and pictures. I love the action in the shots. I think I will stand up and spin now too...and then try to find the neat tutorial :)

KQ said...

Very cute. Thanks for the compliments. Same to you. I can't believe you noticed those things about me. Do you have a spy cam or something? We love reading your blog!

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

A flat tire!!! What a "horrible rotten no good very bad day!!"

Audrey has one of those no sew Tutus. They ROCK!!
(I think you should try it on. It JUST may look stunning on you!!)

Hope your day gets better.

P.S. Chloe is adorable!!

allyn said...

awww. she is such a cute girlygirl. good job on the tutu.

Nicole said...

Nice. Is it pink? Is this her Halloween costume? Bridget and Chloe need to DANCE together. (She just walked in and said, "Oh! I love that dancing dress!")

melissa said...

This is the practice tutu. She wears this to dance class and I'm making another for her Halloween costume. Can I make one for Bridget?

Annette Bailey said...

Great tutu - I'm going to look that one up. And you're so funny, how could anyone not love reading your blog?