Monday, March 29, 2010

Breaking in Spring!

Harrison was on Spring Break last week.  To be honest, I wasn't looking forward to it.  I'm not used to having all of them at home and they tend to get bored and then cry a lot.  I didn't have enough money to take them to Disneyland or Kim's dentist, so I planned a week's worth of activities that were within our price range.

First, we met some friends at The St. Louis Zoo.

(Don't worry, PETA stalkers, those aren't real animals.)


Next, my friend offered to have the kids play at her house while I went to the temple.

Isn't it sweet how there's a woman praying in front of the temple?  Okay, that's a lie.  She's texting.

The next day we headed to the Missouri Botannical Gardens.  Everything looked like it was on the verge of being beautiful, so I think we'll return soon.  The bubbles were the highlight of that trip.



My personal favorite was when we met some friends at Purina Farms.  (Yes, the dogfood people.)  The farm included hay bails, baby animals, cow milking, petting zoos, dog shows, tractor rides, and a creepy dude dressed up like a bunny.




I was really annoyed that the lady in pink ruined this picture, but I love the expression on the kid's faces.

    I guess she wasn't as impressed with this dog.  Stupid lady in pink.


Total cost of our Spring Break: $0.04.  (One cent for every wish made in a fountain.)

8 Wisecracks:

Mom said...

I think you photoshopped Chloe petting that bunny (or whatever it is). I remember what happened last time she went to a petting zoo! Looks like a fun time and worth every penny! :)
I'm glad you got to go to the temple - that's always helpful.

KQ said...

You're so cheap. :)

Heather McKeon said...

I LOVE the last photo - priceless! I also love the girl praying/texting outside the temple. And I can't believe the St Louis zoo is free?! Possibly another reason for me to come visit...

allyn said...

you are beyond thrifty. how do you have so many wonderful free things to do right in your own town? purina farm is free?

wish me luck on my much more expensive spring break extravaganza. anything would be more expensive than $0.04, right?

wendy holt said...

She wouldn't even let me spend $ on a bottle of water. Thanks for sharing the thriftyness.

melissa said...

Purina Farms and the zoo are free. The botannical gardens are only free for St. Louis residents Wednesday and Saturday mornings. Good times.

Elise said...

I love Chloe's haircut. I love the last picture. Three cute kids and their wonderful mom!

Ashley said...

Dang, I was too late to catch the drama about the mouse hunt. What is it about killing mice (mice that bring disgustingness into a house with children who crawl around on the floor with them!) that makes people so upset? You are the third person I know who posted something about needing to get rid of mice only to get an onslaught of harsh opinions from the peanut gallery. Well, you have one supporter here.

Also, I really, really, really miss that place. You don't make it easier, lady.