Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Some Pig!

Last weekend we finished E.B. White's Charlotte's Web.  I grew up watching the movie, but I had never read the book before.  It was a great book for young kids and perfect for bedtime because White's descriptions of summer and farm life are so beautiful and calming.  We watched both the cartoon and the live action versions of the movie and the kids perferred the cartoon.  Chloe thought Charlotte looked too scary in the live version.  I liked the cartoon better, too.  Both of them follow the book almost exactly, though.  We are currently deep into the world of Narnia.  I can't tell you how much I look forward to story time each night!

4 Wisecracks:

Greg said...

Oh I love that web Chloe is in! How fun is that!
Are you going to show your kids Narnia? I haven't seen it but the neighbor's boy thought it was scary (he's a bit of a scaredy cat though).
I'll be waiting for your update on this one...

Love the new signature btw! Perfect!

melissa said...

Thanks for the signature tutorial. :) I, too, was worried about Narnia and my plan was to read it first and make sure it was okay. Harrison found it and read the first three chapters before I even noticed it was missing. So far there have been no reports of bad dreams, but I'll keep you posted.

allyn said...

the movie was revved up for all audiences, but the book of narnia is very children oriented. not that i have read it to my children, just like i told you before, we listen to it every second we are in the car.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Narnia is the best!!
I will have to try Charlotte's Web with my kids. So far, they do NOT like James and the giant peach. We will have to try that one later when they are older. They stop me every few minutes just to tell me how mean the aunts are and "how can they act that way?!!" I think I will be happy to stop reading it for that reason alone. It might have taken a whole year to read. ;)