Thursday, May 6, 2010

Your MOM Stays at Home!

I've never liked the term "stay at home mom."  That makes it sound like I'm on house arrest.  In truth, I've never had a job that allowed me so much freedom.  I'm allowed to make as many personal phone calls as I want.  I can take a long lunch in the park with my girlfriends.  I can head out in the early afternoon and check out a sale at Target.  I can watch youtube videos while I work.  I can blast loud music while I work.  I can even have a dance party while I work.  Heck, I'll even take a nap in the middle of the workday.  I'm not a prisoner in my own home . . . unless, like this week, my kids are sick.  I forget how much freedom I have until my kids start coughing and vomiting and not sleeping at night and I can't leave the house for fear of infecting the masses.  I'm going a little crazy.  They all seem to be doing better today, but now I've caught the bug. 

In case you were wondering, I prefer the term "full-time mom."  It rings truer for me.  Especially during weeks like this. 


And now, because I really have nothing better to do with my time, I have a little game for you.  See if you can match the correct baby with the correct name!
A.
B.

C.

D.
E.

1. Jeff   2.Melissa  3. Harrison  4. Chloe  5. Miles

11 Wisecracks:

Tammy and Alvin said...

These games are so fun. Alvin actually made one for a baby shower he hosted yesterday at work. He gathered baby pictures from all of his co-workers. He said it was a huge hit!
1. E
2. a
3. c
4. d
5. b
What's my score?

Kimberly said...

Sorry to hear about the disease. We've just finished an entire week of up all night and day with 104 fevers with Miriam. (I say we - I mean me being up with Miriam). Yay for a UTI!

A. Melissa
B. Miles
C. Harrison
D. Chloe (of course!)
E. Jeff

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Cheating off the paper next to me... not really, but mine were the exact same guesses as Kimberly's.

Melissa; Miles; Harrison; Chloe; Jeff

Nicole said...

Yeah, too easy. A. Melissa B. Miles C. Harrison D. Chloe E. Jeff. I'm surprised at how much Jeff's baby pictures look like Miles.

Full-time Mom really is a great job. You forgot to mention that you don't have to wear pantyhose to work. (Am I the only one who celebrates that part?)

Greg said...

I prefer "Trophy Wife"
And where do you keep your trophies? Displayed beautifully in your home!

melissa said...

Okay, fine, it's too easy. You are all correct! Even my kids could figure it out. (Though they both thought Jeff was Miles.)

Nicole, I think you're the only one who celebrates that because you're the only one who used to work in an office that requires pantyhose. What is this? 1950? Come on!

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Wow! The one I am FOR SURE on is Chloe. She looks JUST the same as she does now. (well......with hair and teeth......you know)

Sorry you are sick. I TOTALLY agree with the "Stay at home mom" bit. We have the BEST jobs in the world!! (and I must say that we work with the best co-workers as well. ;) )

Uno Kidney said...

Here are my guesses:
A: Melissa
B: Miles
C: Harrison
D: Chloe
E: Jeffrey

Oh wait! Every might have guessed already DOH!

KQ said...

I am a home and family manager. :)
Sorry about the sick in your house!

allyn said...

wordtoyomom. this current career of mine definitely brings me the most joy, but i must stay, i was ready to quit yesterday. boohooo...k pitty party over and back to the joy!

hope you guys kick this thing before you come to my house.

Kasey Q said...

Yeah, that was a little easy. Especially Chloe and Miles.
Hope the bug flies away very soon.