Monday, August 23, 2010

Dream Big

In addition to being supermom, my sister Allyn is also a great seamstress.  She designs and makes the most amazing bags, including my adorable owl diaper bag.  People compliment me on this bag every day.  (On days when I don't leave the house, I make Jeff compliment me on it.)  When her family came to visit, she brought these adorable headbands for Chloe and me.

So when I asked Allyn what she wanted to do while she was in St. Louis her first response was "Meet Laura Gunn.  I promise I won't be weird!"  Laura Gunn is my friend that designs fabric for Michael Miller.  That's right, Sewing Nerds, my friend designs fabric.  Jealous much? 

Laura was kind enough to show Allyn around her studio, talk about her design process, give her a sneak peek at her new fabric line, and send her home with some fabric.  BAM! 

DREAM COME TRUE!

Laura has a great blog called Paint in My Hair. Check it out.  If you want to take a look at her beautiful fabric, click HERE.


9 Wisecracks:

allyn said...

of course i would be the first one to respond to this one. those head bands look so stinkin' cute on you both. i just knew they would. isn't laura gunn the best!!!

Jess said...

LOVE the headbands. I checked out your friend's website and it makes me wish I knew how to sew. :)

KQ said...

Oh Snap! I'm so jealous! I love Michael Miller fabric. Very cool.

Nicole said...

I can tell from the photos that Allyn WAS weird meeting Laura Gunn. HAHAHAHAHA! I love the leaves on your headbands - of course she came up with that AFTER she made mine. Nuts.

Tammy and Alvin said...

Could Chloe be any cuter? Love that pic.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

That fabric is awesome! I am drooling over it.

Allyn is amazing! Those head bands are so adorable!! (and so are the people wearing them ;) )

Heather McKeon said...

You're friends with Laura Gunn?! Amazing. My living room pillows and curtains are Laura Gunn. Hmm yet another reason to come visit you... those reasons are starting to pile up.

Unknown said...

awesome! I love the headbands too and making a dream come true...Sister award goes to you both!! :)

The Reiersens said...

Haha I found your blog! That is such an adorable pic of you and your Chloe!