Thursday, September 2, 2010

Reliably Unreliable

On Tuesday Chloe got dressed for her first day of Preschool.  She packed her backpack and we headed to our friend's house.  (We're doing a co-op preschool again this year.)  No one was there.  Yeah, turns out preschool starts next week.

The next day I tried to make it up to her by taking her to story time at the library.  Yeah, turns out there's no story time in September. 

These are things I knew, but because I never write anything down I have ruined my daughter's week.  I wish I could say I'm just having an off week, but it's not true.  I feel like I used to be a dependable person.  I'm wondering if the part of my brain where I used to store important information has been pushed aside to make room for less important information.  Like what Chloe's favorite color is that day (so I don't make the mistake of giving her the wrong cup at breakfast) or which Magic Treehouse book Harrison has already read (so I don't accidentally pick up the wrong book at the library).  Yep.  I blame the kids for making me such a flake.

7 Wisecracks:

Unknown said...

hmmmmm....are you sure you are not pregnant?

Unknown said...

I hear ya sister.

Well, at least you got a super cute pretend before preschool picture!!

melissa said...

Et tu, Chelsea?

Lindsay said...

Ha! I think the third child sucks away all the rest of the brain cells in charge of all that stuff. (Wow, that was poorly worded, but I can't figure out how to fix it. I blame my third child.)

You can just tell Chloe that everything is Miles's fault.

allyn said...

good call. you can blame all brain farts on children in general. of course, the more you have the more justification for flakiness you are awarded, but i also think that if you have children over 6 years old who think they can argue their way out of all chores and other errands, you also get bonus flakiness awarded. that takes away most of my brain cells, i will bet money on it.

Heather McKeon said...

There's something about this post that reminds me of a conversation in my family. While Laura was pregnant with Sophia she was talking to my mom about not being able to keep plants and/or fish alive. To which my brother Michael (sarcastically) says, "And you're having a baby? How irresponsible."

melissa said...

Ha! Seriously! Who decided three kids was a good idea?!