Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Day at the Farm

Jeff's work has an annual picnic at a farm out in the country every Fall.  I'd really been looking forward to going and taking pictures of my kids being cute on a farm in Autumn.  Doesn't that sound ideal?  As we were driving to the picnic a week ago I realized I had left my memory card for the camera in my computer.  I'm not gonna lie.  There were some tears.  It was a tragedy of epic proportions.  How could I be so forgetful on such an important outing?  Which begs the question: If my children go some place lovely and look adorable but I'm not there to take a picture of it, did it ever happen?

I was reduced to using my camera phone.  Camera phone, people!  Not a good camera phone.  A not good one.  Then I spent a week trying to figure out how to get the pictures off my phone.  Those of you with good camera phones, how do you get your pictures off the phone?  I'm sure I chose the stupidest, stupidest way.  (Sent the picture from my phone to an online album, spent a few hours trying to figure out where the heck my online album was, spent a few more hours trying to upload them onto my computer from the website.  Smarts, right?)


We had such a great time!  Dr. Becky (the woman driving the buggy in the picture above) and her husband were so gracious to us all.  The weather was wonderful and it was especially nice to get to know Jeff's coworkers and their families in such a relaxed atmosphere.  (The only other time we see each other is at formal dinners.  I can't count the number of times we've all reintroduced ourselves.)


This is my new favorite picture of my baby.  I suppose camera phones have their place in the world, too.

[Thanks to my new friend Carrie for sending this picture of the whole fam.  I'm so going to remember your name when I see you again in six months.]


5 Wisecracks:

allyn said...

that's my new favorite picture of miles as well. only because it is the latest. the next picture you post of him will be my next fav. they are all so cute.

i like to email pictures from my phone to my email address. then when i get home i upload them to my photo file. youknow, by importing it.

time to play snorta with spiderman

melissa said...

Do you know if it costs a million dollars to send an email from your phone?

So wishing I was playing snorta with Spiderman. Don't know what that means, but it sounds awesome.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Love that last picture!!
You and Chloe looks so much alike!! That is good because it means she will grow up to be pretty like her mommy. :)

allyn said...

i don't know if it costs a million dollars to send pictures from your phone to email. i don't think it costs anything. i might need to go read my phone contract again, though.
snorta is my children's FAVORITE game, but they totally go to war while playing it. awesome for me. noah is obsessed with a spiderman costume given to me from a girl who was moving.
perhaps we could play snorta next time you come visit.

allyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.