Monday, November 1, 2010

Candy! Candy! Candy!

This Halloween for the first time, ever, my kids decided to wear coordinating costumes.  Harrison decided to be Harry Potter, Chloe wanted to be Hermione, and Miles asked if he could please be Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback.  Then last week Chloe decided to break up the band and be a butterfly.

I told her she could be Ginny Weasley, but since she's only seen the first three movies, she doesn't know that Ginny is secretly super cool.  Ginny's kind of freaky in the second movie.  Once she realized how cold it was going to be, she agreed to go with Plan A.

Remember that time my cousin Ashley and her family were in town so I suggested we take our kids trick-or-treating in St. Charles Saturday afternoon and then it turned out the trick-or-treating was on Friday and my kids were in costume for no reason and I was really embarrassed for us all?  That was awesome.

Harrison Potter

Chloe was not at all embarrassed to be in her costume.  But she's usually dressed like a clown, so no big whoop.

Oh, man!  Baby dragon playing basketball gets me every time!


Miles discovered the life-changing power of lollipops.

I hope your Halloween was as delightful as ours. Where did October go?


To read about my life without Walmart, click here.





 

11 Wisecracks:

allyn said...

i LOVE chloe's super frizz hair in the portrait of her and then her lovely hair in the group shot at the end. also, expecto patronum=awesome. miles is pretty tough stuff on the court.

elizabeth said...

Love the costumes!

KQ said...

You are hilarious and your kids are too cute and funny!

Jess said...

That expecto patronum picture is awesome! I love that the kids had a theme for Halloween. Did I see a hogwarts crest on Chloe's cloak there?

melissa said...

They both have the Gryffindor symbol on their robes. I found them at a clothing sale last month for super cheap along with Miles' costume. No sewing skills here.

The Reiersens said...

Great job! You were right, Harrison doesn't look like Harrison in his costume! :)

Nicole said...

You are a fun mom. Harrison looks amazing and both of Chloe's costumes are great - I can see why she had trouble committing to one of them. Baby dragon?! Playing basketball?!! Every time, man. :)

Ashley said...

You didn't need to be embarrassed for us! Did you know my kids wore their costumes wherever I would let them that week? Costco, Qdoba, to fill up the car...

We had a great time, thanks so much for letting us crash your Halloween festivities. I got your message about the cup...go ahead and overnight it to us. It's that important! (Don't. Please don't.)

melissa said...

Ha! I'm so glad you said don't, Ashley. I was totally ready to overnight it to you.

Claire said...

The kids looking smashing! (little British lingo there) you promised a cute Norwegian ridgeback and Miles definitely delivered! Chloe and Harrison looked amazing,nice job on the black hair! I'm sure Harrison had a cool Patronous (one that instead of fighting away dementors does all the chores around the house). And you can tell Chloe that Uncle Rob thought her hair looked very pretty.

kenzie said...

My sister is brilliant. Your kids look perfect. i wish I had enough brain cells to have a theme for my kids.