Saturday, December 25, 2010

Countdown to Christmas--The End

Merry Christmas one and all!  Today our countdown came to a happy end.  Everyone's dreams came true and now I can take a nap.

December 22--Make gingerbread houses.

Having never made a gingerbread house in my life I decided to start off with graham crackers and work my way up.  Also I didn't want to spend hours in the kitchen making gingerbread when they were just going to destroy and eat them minutes after completing construction.  Did you know they sell gingerbread graham crackers this time of year?  I think next year we can graduate to those.


December 23--Go see a movie in the theater.

By now you may have noticed that most of my activities involve sweets or movies.  Yep.  That's how creative I am.  I took Harrison and Chloe to see Tangled.  The movie was delightful and it was nice to get the kids out of the house.  Christmas break was starting to get to them.  They aren't used to so much togetherness.

December 24--Open Christmas pajamas.

They like getting to open a present before Christmas, even if it is clothes.  That way everyone looks adorable for our pictures Christmas morning.

Our Christmas has been merry.  Very!  There's a blanket of snow all over St. Louis and it's just beautiful.






9 Wisecracks:

Tammy and Alvin said...

Is Harrison praying over that snow?! Great pics. :)

KQ said...

Oh man the pictures of Chloe are GORGEOUS!!!

wendy holt said...

When Bradley opened his Christmas PJs. He said, "oh...I thought it was going to be something awesome." Then he changed his clothes before we even opened presents. So much for adorable pictures! merry Christmas!

melissa said...

Tammy and Alvin, Harrison is praying for the wounded bird in his hands. Just kidding. He's just cold because SOMEBODY keeps losing his gloves at school.

Thanks, Kikka! That was Chloe's gift to me.

Wendy, that's my favorite. Hopefully he'll figure out the pajamas on Christmas eve tradition next year.

allyn said...

i love snow pictures. everything comes out so clear and beautiful. i am sure mine are not that way because the snow was still coming down while i was photographing and it was making my lens blurry. nice. anyway. glad it was so merry for you.

Lindsay said...

Those pictures of Chloe are so, so cute!

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Stick with Graham Crackers. I tried Gingerbread and it was not worth it!! We managed to make little squares with no roof. ha ha!
Yours turned out super cute though.
Merry Christmas!!

Katy said...

I got our kids some of the Gingerbread house kits from Target to put together. They completed them, then proceeded to try to eat them, discovered it was not tasty, and threw them away. SOOOO glad I didn't try to bake the gingerbread!
Gorgeous pictures!

melissa said...

The whole time we were making them they brought up how Aunt Katy let them make "real" gingerbread houses and how "real" gingerbread taste and bla bla bla and Aunt Katy's the best, bla bla. :)