Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Love is in the Air

My Grandma Shirley and Grandpa Curtis on their wedding day.

My Grandma Carol and Grandpa Lloyd on their wedding day.


Jeff's Grandma Carol and Grandpa Harry on their wedding day.


Jeff's Grandpa Eddie and Grandma Win on their wedding day.

Jeff's parents, Harry and Patti, on their wedding day.

My parents, Peggy and Robert, on their wedding day.


Jeff and Me

I have all of these pictures on my office wall.  I like to look at them and think of how young and adorable everyone was and how none of these couples had any idea what a beautiful life they had ahead of them.  Jeff and I were married nine years ago today.  I can't wait to grow old (older) with him and look back on our beautiful life together.  (Secretly, I do that now.)

16 Wisecracks:

Mom said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for the love and joy you've all added to our lives.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

awwww! Nine years?!! Very cool!
I often wonder if I will live long enough to celebrate our nine year anniversary. ha ha! Kids are fun.......but they make my body age FAST!
Love the pictures!! I love that you have all of them. I don't even know what both of Peter's grandparents look like. Sad!

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Oh, and happy anniversary!!
(did I REALLY just forget to say that in my last comment?!!)

Kimberly said...

Happy Anniversary!

It was fun seeing pictures of the grandparents and seeing how all the genes mixed to make people. Because, holy cow, Amy looks like Patti's mom!

Hope you guys have a fun date planned!

wendy holt said...

Happiest of lives to you and Jeff!!

Jess said...

Happy Anniversary!

The Reiersens said...

Cute! That is a great family shot of you guys!

KQ said...

Happy 9th to you!

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Awe. Happy Anniversary to the Maxwells. I remember your reception and thinking you looked gorgeous! Didn't you wear your grandmother's dress? Why am I thinking that? Look how good life has gotten these past nine years!

Unknown said...

I love those photos. That is a great idea to display them all on the wall where your kids can see them.
Just another thing to put on my "COPY MELISSA" list.

Meredith said...

Happy anniversary! Those pictures are great, and I'm in love with Patti's mom's dress. Did Patti wear it too? I couldn't tell.

allyn said...

happy anniversary, yesterday! you are a fun, cute, exciting, romantic, and beautiful couple.

melissa said...

Angie, Yes, I wore my Grandma Shirley's wedding dress. Good memory. It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Meredith, Patti is wearing her mother's wedding dress. You could tell from that blurry picture? Nice.

Nicole said...

See, now it looks like I didn't really notice that Patti is wearing Winn's dress, but I TOTALLY saw it. You and Jeff are the classiest!

Heather McKeon said...

It is official - I am going to copy you. My project to get wedding pictures of all the family couples has now begun. May require some (aka a ton of) arm twisting on the McKeon side - but I'm gonna make it happen.

Dannel and Rhett said...

Loved the beautiful pictures of the family generations. Happy Anniversary way late.