Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Baby!


My baby is two today.  I'm not taking it well.  As far as I know, Miles is my last child and it makes me sad to think that he's not actually a baby, anymore.  (Not sad enough to actually have another baby.)  Then I look at his sweet face and know that he will always be my baby. 

I love this stage he's in right now.  He says a few new words every day, wants to do everything his big brother and big sister do, and does whatever he can to make us all laugh.  (Are two-year-olds supposed to do pratfalls?)  He loves balls and swings and slides, but mostly the Wii.  (That thing is WAY too user-friendly.)  He likes to rub the corner of his blankies on his nose while sucking on a pacifier.  (I always hated pacifiers and then I had a child who would take one.)  He eats what I make for dinner and always asks for more.  (I'd love it if he could teach Harrison how to do that.)  He loves books.  He loves having jobs to do and feeling like a big kid.  This information may not interest you, but I know he's going to change so much over the next year.  Chloe was not quite two when I started this blog.  There's no way I could remember all of the things I thought I wasn't going to forget about their childhood.  I'm grateful to have such a detailed account of their youth, because it's slipping by so quickly.

Happy Birthday, Miles!

7 Wisecracks:

kenzie said...

So handsome! I remember this day like it was yesterday, 2 years ago. He was a great baby, is a great baby.

Nicole said...

Awwwww. He is so big and those blue eyes are something else. I'm glad you have such a detailed account of your kids' childhood, too. There is never a need to catch up when we see each other and we can get right to making new memories. I can't imagine how humdrum my life would be without glimpses of your life. :)

wendy holt said...

Happy Birthday Miles! What a great friend you turned to be! You always make me feel like the funniest girl in the room (even when your mom is there) You are a keeper!!

KQ said...

Nicole stole the "Awwwwww" that I was going to start my comment with, dang it! He's so cute, and I think blogs for keeping our family & friends updated and for keeping a record of our lives for our children is totally the way to go. Happy Birthday Miles!

allyn said...

he looks way bigger than a two-year-old. no more baby. when i was reading your paragraph i thought the wii looked like WII. i was thinking you were such a good mother for teaching your kids about history at such a young age.

Jen said...

Ok, Allyn has been making me laugh all day....WWII....
Miles is an adorable little man and very lucky to have such a great mom.

allyn said...

dude! my brain is FRIED. thanks for checking that. don't blame me...i'm about to have a baby, alright