Friday, July 22, 2011

Day Three--The Saga Continues

Here's what usually happens halfway through a big family get together weeks: it becomes too much of a good thing.  (Like a giant cookie cake from Mrs. Fields.)  I have learned to schedule some time away from the fam halfway through our reunions.  I don't care who you are or how fantastic your family is, no one can be their best self three days in a row.  So, on day three of our vacation (Cuss!  Am I really only on day three?) I went to visit my friends from Hey Nonny.

Miles and I met Anne at Ashley's house.  Her home was just how I had imagined it--absolutely lovely and full of beautiful decorations she had made herself.  Her Barbie collection, however, was a million times cooler than I had imagined.  We chatted for an hour or two and then parted.  I love having these ladies (and Liz) in my life, even if our relationship is 99% virtual.

After a short shopping trip, Miles and I headed up to Millcreek Canyon to meet the rest of the Peterson Family for games and tacos. 

Jeff's cousins Berkley and Carter sit in awe of Chloe's fishing skillz.

Miles was so happy to be near candy family again.  Shopping with Mommy sucks.

"I carried  a watermelon."

Do you see those adorable water bottles filled with candy?  Genius.  Genius, I tell you!

My children were beyond filthy after all the s'mores and cookies and falling into creeks.  I decided we should take them back to Nicole's early, clean them up, and get them to bed at a decent hour.  Too bad I didn't tell Nicole about my awesome plan.  They weren't home and we were locked out in the rain for a while.  BUT, on the way home, we spotted this:
A DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!  What does it MEAN??!!!  It's SOOO Beautiful!!!  It's almost a TRIPLE RAINBOW!!!

There was even a full rainbow over Nicole's neighborhood.  Of course, her house was at the end of the rainbow.

Watching my kids play in the rain is one of my favorite memories of all time.  They danced, wrestled, and splashed . . .

 . . . until the mother ship came to take them back home.

6 Wisecracks:

Heather McKeon said...

I love the candy in water bottles idea! Totally stealing that for future parties.

Also "I carried a watermelon"?! Ha! Killing me. Now I have a strange desire to watch 'Dirty Dancing'... Curse you.

melissa said...

Jeff read that and was all, "What?! I never said 'I carried a watermelon'!" I assured him that cool people would know exactly what I was talking about.

The Reiersens said...

Ah Miles with the cookie is awesome! Hahaha!

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

You can least until day 3? A full on brawl usually breaks out at our family reunions on day 1!

Unknown said...

I am in love with Miles eating that cookie. I can't handle it, I just wanna squeeze 'im. Such great moments captures. Jealous of the double rainbow experience, hehehe.

Ashley said...

Your posts make me so happy. Thank you for the watermelon quote. I always sound so dumb when I say it (which is surprisingly often, I should learn my lesson).