Monday, July 18, 2011

Fourth of July--Peterson Picnic

After lunch and nap time (and pool and princess time with Bridget), we all headed to Jeff's Uncle Gary and Aunt Lisa's house for games, a cookout, and crafts!

Patti and Mani are in the background making patriotic windsocks and everyone else is decorating their own backpack.  Don't be jealous of our craftiness.

Here's Jeff's brother, Ted, modeling his backpack.

In case you can't read it, it says, "Backpacks R 4 Chumps."

Jeff's cousin BJ (in red) got pretty fancy with the sidewalk chalk.  In the background you can see a sweet game of foursquare being played.

That game of foursquare was life changing for Harrison.  He loved being a part of the adult's game and spent the rest of the day suggesting that we all go play another game of foursquare.  Then we would tell him to go to bed.  This was his first time in the server's square.  So much happiness.

So much love.

We gorged ourselves on hot dogs and homemade ice cream for dinner.

Then Ted told us some jokes.  Or told us something about stars.  I was only half listening because I was more than half full of hot dogs.

Here Chloe claims this land for America.  (On our way into Salt Lake City from the airport, I read a billboard that said, "Congratulations, America!"  I'm not sure what our country did, but well done, all!)

After dinner there was an impromptu dunking contest.  My darling husband did quite well.  I'm not gonna lie.  It was hot.

Nice, huh?  He totally missed the shot, but he looked awesome doing it.  This is Jeff's cousin, Clark, though I didn't know it at the time.  I kept confusing him with . . .

. . . THIS guy.  This is Spencer and his sister, Anne.  They went home to California after this and things got much less confusing.  Here Spencer is playing Miley Cyrus' "Party in the U.S.A."  Right on. 

Congratulations, America!

1 Wisecracks:

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

#1. Where can I order a backpack like that?
#2. AHHH summer nights in Utah are pretty much the best thing ever. I would also like to stake my claim on some territory there.
#3. your family does dunking contests? I know what Chris and his brothers are going to be doing next 4th of july....