Saturday, July 16, 2011

Reunited and it Feels So Good

We're back!  Our summer vacation has finally come to an end and now we're home and back to staring at each other.  My travelogue may not interest any of you, but this is for posterity so I'm going to include as much as I can so my children will know they had fun when they were kids.

My sister Nicole was having the busiest, most important week of her life.  So, naturally, she let my family of five stay at her house for a few days.  Chloe and her cousin Bridget had so much fun together! 

I love this shot of their awesome bedhead.  They're coloring the same picture.  Chloe never lets her brothers color on the same picture.  That's love.

Miles and his cousin Emil.  So not okay.
We reunited with Jeff's mom's side of the family for the first week of our vacation.  They are so fun!  Now I can actually pick his cousins out of a lineup.  The first day we all gathered at Wheeler Farm for a picnic.  I used to take the kids to Wheeler Farm all the time when we lived in Salt Lake City.  They didn't remember it at all.  I've decided not to take Miles anywhere fun until he's five, since he probably won't remember it anyway.
Miles and Chloe continue their disinterest in live animals.  I think that's Chloe's third soda.

We finally got to meet Jeff's brother Brian's fiance, Mani!  Here the happy couple pretend to be making out while Chloe pretends she's uncomfortable.  They spent the rest of the week really making out and really making Chloe uncomfortable.


More and more treats.  They were in heaven.

Jeff's Grandma Win lead us all in a rousing rendition of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" while Harrison attempted to maim her with a stroller.


My new favorite picture of Chloe.

8 Wisecracks:

Nicole said...

Never sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" with Harrison in the room/under the pavilion! Everyone knows that. ("Why don't you play a game of Solitaire to pass the time?")

I'm just sitting at my computer waiting for you to blog all the time, so bring on the details, man! (No one is blogging lately. You'd think they were out doing stuff or something.)

melissa said...

It took me a minute to get that solitaire reference, but then I laughed so hard I peed a little. Thanks, man.

Emily said...

Welcome back Brain Jail. I was waiting for a vacation update. But I think reading that you peed a little when you laughed was the best part.

allyn said...

win totally looks like the shoebox greeting lady...in both pictures. too bad she was about to lose her life after that rowrowrowyourboat. looks like a very fun few days. also, the picture of you and chloe in the next post is super sweet. FRAME IT!

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Harrison and the stroller---Hilarious!!
That picture of Chloe is fabulous!

Christine said...

Melissa, I love your blog and your updates, they make so-so days in lab great and unbearable ones bearable!

The Reiersens said...

Hahaha! That Harrison is so sly!

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

I'm so glad you are funny. I like reading blogs much better than ab exercises.