Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Zion National Park

I'm one of those people who loves and appreciates nature and animals . . . from a safe distance.  I spent about a month psyching myself up for the day we would be spending hiking in Zion National Park.  I told myself that getting awesome pictures would make climbing up a mountain worthwhile.  Also, now I can say I climbed a mountain.  Miles cannot.

First Jeff carried Miles up the mountain.

Then Melissa carried Miles up the mountain.

Then Grandma carried Miles up the mountain.  That boy's got it made.

Harrison was blown away by the awesomeness of the canyon.  Okay, actually he did really well and went to the very top of the trail with the nature lovers.  I was very impressed.

Chloe was in a good mood that day, too.  You never know with that one.  She did quite well.  She hikes.  She's a hiker.

These three mountains are known as The Three Patriarchs (Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob).  I don't remember which one is which.  Which one looks like an Abraham?

View from the hiking trail.



The drive out of the park was really gorgeous.


We drove through a tunnel in the middle of the mountain.  See that half-moon hole in the rock?  That's one of the few windows in the tunnel.

Once you get out of the tunnel, the landscape is very different than before the tunnel.
Zion National Park.  Brought to you by Jeff!


1 Wisecracks:

KQ said...

You hiking and taking beautiful pictures was totally worth it to me. Thanks.