Thursday, September 8, 2011

He's Got the Whole World in His Hands

Harrison is absolutely loving third grade.  His class is learning about the world (That lesson shouldn't take long, right?) and one of their projects was to make a papier mache globe.  He finally got to bring his home the other day. 

After I took this picture, he and Miles played soccer with it.  I still don't know where it ended up.

Although Harrison went to Cub Scout Camp this past summer, he didn't officially become a scout until today when I dropped sixty bucks at the scout shop.  Totally worth it. 

Tonight he went to his first den meeting where he learned to fold the flag and beg for seconds on brownies.  (Okay, that second one he already knew.)  I'm hoping next week they cover orienteering.  I could really use a navigator.

7 Wisecracks:

Mom said...

What a handsome cubbie! I'm sure he'll be a good navigator. Did you sew on the patches? Welcome to the wonderful world of scouting - save everything!

Nicole said...

You should get him in a lake right now and learn him to swim 100 yards in cold water. Only FOOLS choose the 100 miles on the bike instead. (I so live with a scout master.) He really does look so handsome and grown up all the sudden. Maybe because in real life he's moving most of the time. :)

Heather McKeon said...

I particularly enjoy the egginess of the globe. Oh and also the double equator. The art of elementary school is my favorite. In fact just now coming up with brilliant idea - should make a museum for this art. Would be wildly popular, I think. Just need to come up with a name, hmm, let me think.... I'll call it... The Refrigerator. Perhaps I am less of an innovator than I thought.

melissa said...

Brilliant. I would visit that museum, except that it already exists in my own home. They used balloons for the globes, hence the egginess. As for the double equator, he's just a rebel. He's not a part of their system!

allyn said...

nothin' cuter than a new cub in his spanking fresh uniform. keep an eye on that neckerchief cincher thing. ours lasted about one night.
that eggy globe is awesome!

Unknown said...

What a cutie pie! I love the boy fingernails too. We're gonna miss those one day. ;) I'm (we're) lookin' forward to scouts!

melissa said...

Can you BELIEVE the fingernails? I swear they are full of dirt an hour after he takes a shower, even if he never leaves the house. It's like magic. (Black magic.)