Sunday, January 15, 2012

So . . . it's cold, I guess.

I know it's been two weeks since I posted.  That's a long blogless stretch for me.  I've been trying to figure out why I haven't been posting and my detective work let me to this: January is lame.  It is the least blogtastic month of the year, says I.  It suddenly got bitterly cold outside and knowing that it will be months before we get another break is chipping slowly away at my spirits.  Also, Miles discovered PBSKids.org, so I'm having to fight for computer time. 

We did have a much needed snow day on Thursday.  Thursdays are really busy around here with my piano students, Chloe's ballet, Harrison's scouts, and my church youth activities.  Snow came to town and our Thursday suddenly became activity-free.  It was pretty awesome.

I think there are two kinds of kids in this world: those who think snow is AWESOME . . .

 . . . and those who think snow is cold.

I don't know what his deal is, but Harrison is never cold.  I have to beg him to wear coats.  And hats.  And pants. 

The neighbor kids like to come sledding in our backyard, which is perfect since we don't have any sleds.  Seriously, why don't I ever prepare for winter?  Probably because I feel that if I invest in warm clothing and snow toys, I'm acknowledging that it's going to be cold for a really long time.  I spend most of January in denial.

As you can see from her apparel and her hot cocoa mustache, this little neighbor girl is serious about sledding.

Yep.  Two kinds of kids in this world.

I should probably be more like this guy and find a little more joy in my January. 

I'm probably not going to do that.  I'm the other kind of kid.

6 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

I jinxed any snow coming here by buying a snow shovel this year. Now I'm prepared for it, it will never snow again! As a show of solidarity I'll go drink some hot chocolate. Joy!

Jess said...

I am with you and Chloe. I refuse to be cold and wet, so snow is a no-go for me. Maybe never being cold is boy thing? It is in my family, at least. I make Emmett bring his coat to school "just in case" he gets cold. He rarely is.

KQ said...

I can not stop laughing at how cute the neighbor girl is in that outfit! I bought Lyla snow pants a couple months ago, and so far they still have the tags on them. I'm not really complaining though, because I don't love cold, wet snow either.

elizabeth said...

I live for things to be cancelled. I really want a snow day here. I am always happy to have a pre-scheduled event be cancelled. It's like a little gift of time. I HATE february, despise, loathe, detest that month. I feel your January pain.

wendy holt said...

you are NOT alone. January is lame. That is all there is to it. LAME. And snow is cold. Although, we have only had snow for two days...two days!! Park City had some members of the Ute tribe come do a "snow dance" miss you my friend!

allyn said...

snow days are pretty awesome. that is probably the first time i have ever seen chloe's crying face. that is a serious hate of snow in that look.