Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 26: High Angle

I know this isn't a great example of a high angle picture or even a good picture at all, but give me a break.  As we come to the end of the month, I have fewer options for photo prompts.  I was standing in the bleachers, so this is technically a high angle.  It's also a moment I wanted to capture.  If you find Harrison in this huddle, you win!

Harrison had his last basketball game this morning.  It's been really fun watching him learn how to play the game and grow as an athlete.  He's so much better than when he started.  A couple of weeks ago he said, "I figured out the secret to defense.  Violence!"  He was a completely different player after that.  Don't worry.  No one was seriously hurt.  He's just a little guy.

I don't know what his coach was telling him here.  Probably something like "Sweep the leg."  or "We're gonna run the picket fence."  or "Getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha head in the game."

His team came from way behind and won the game in the last minute.  It was, by far, the most exciting basketball game I've ever seen played by 3rd grade Catholics.

3 Wisecracks:

wendy holt said...

I like how all the Catholic kids wear t-shirt under the jerseys and the Mormon kid doesn't. p.s. I found Harrison in the first picture. What do I win? A Party? Okay, I'll take it!

Patti said...

I found Harrison too! Can I come to Wendy's party? Sounds like a great game, a fine way to end the season.

melissa said...

At one of his games, one of the kids had a white polo shirt under his jersey. Super classy.

You both get parties, but I'm afraid I will have to do them separately. Well done!