Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It's like Christmas!

Last week I ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon and so lately we've enjoyed receiving a package in the mail every day.  It's like Christmas!  Then on  Monday I received a surprise package from my amazingly talented sister, Allyn.  Inside was the cutest advent calendar ever knitted!

She said she started this last October with the intention of getting it done by December 1, 2011.  No problem.  Now we're ready for Christmas 2012!
Each flap is held together by two little bell "buttons".  At first I thought they were just decoration, but it turns out there's a pocket inside!
How perfect is that for our annual Christmas countdown

Just when you thought it couldn't get any cuter, when all the flaps are open, they spell "Merry Christmas to all"!
I'm so in love with this I think may just have to countdown to Christmas twice this year. 

Thanks for thinking of us, Allyn!  We'll treasure this for years to come, along with your note saying we can "go ahead and junk it" if we want.  HA!

7 Wisecracks:

KQ said...

Wowsers! Somebody really loves your family. That is really cute!

Anne said...

Crazy creative. Can't wait to see what fun you have with it come Christmas!

wendy holt said...

hmmm...looks like there is another sister I'll be "friending" soon!!

elizabeth said...

As a knitter I would like to say that I am blown away. That is some kind of knitting miracle, unreal!! You are sooo lucky to receive that as a gift. AND your kids are really adorable. Stop living so far from me.

melissa said...

Orange you so glad that I have given you plenty of time to knit your own for this Christmas, Liz?

Patti said...

I thought it was the most perfectly wonderful advent calendar of them all, and then you said it spells out Merry Christmas to all when the flaps are open. Oh my!

allyn said...

I think my motto for each day will now be " do something awesome" . That was hilarious. Really, I did have a great time with this project. And really, I do love you and your family a lot. So, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALLLLLL!!! 2012

Now i will get working on that wedding quilt I started for you and Jeff...