Sunday, August 19, 2012

Back to School Blast Off!

The kids are back in school! 


On Tuesday, Harrison started 4th grade and Chloe started 1st grade.  It was a pretty awesome day for all of us.  I couldn't stop smiling!  ("I just like smiling.  Smiling's my favorite.")  I did have my usual moment of sadness as I watched them walk into the building.

(It looks like they're holding hands, but they're so not.)
I gave them hugs and told them not to forget to be awesome, and then they were gone.  That's when I cried like I do every year.  Miles was really sad that he didn't get to go, too, but he got over it when I took him to Rocket ship Park and gave him a donut.


My friends Mandi and Kari-lynn's kids started school that same day, so we went to the park and let our little boys shoot off stomp rockets and eat donuts.  Back to School Blast-off!
Miles W., Miles to the Max, Max, and Dallin get ready to blast off.

These boys were surprisingly good at sharing the rockets.  Probably because they're used to not getting what they want.

Kari-lynn had to keep hold of Maisy because the sweet little baby kept sitting on the stomping part of the stomp rocket, ruining everything for the big brothers.

Nora wanted in on the action, too.  Sorry, baby girls.  We'll have a party for you two in a couple of years.  [Hm.  Now I'm sad.]

Miles and Miles.  (Remember when we thought that wasn't a very common name?  There are four Miles' in our nursery at church.)

Thanks for blasting off with us, Mandi!  And for having the genius idea to make it a party and bring donuts.  Winning!

5 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

First day of school/shooting off rockets and eating donuts. You're right - everyone wins!

allyn said...

Super fun. Can't wait. Only 2 more longest-weeks-ever.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

I am so glad you still blog. No one does any more. I swear all of my friend's blogs are going on at LEAST one year of no updates. Party poopers they are!! I love the pictures. Your kids are beautiful. (yep, even the boys.......in a boyish sort of way. Just saying you make cute kids)

Christine said...

Rocketship park with donuts and rockets!?! That is complete awesomeness! Do your kids go to Avery? That's what it looks like in that picture to me, I only ask because that is where I went!

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

Can Chloe get any cuter? 5 more days here...next year I will be sad. Right now, I am just counting down!