Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Two Players

This is Miles.  He's cute and fun to be with.  We've been spending a lot of time together, lately, and it's the best.  A couple of weeks ago, he came up to me and said, "Mommy, you're my bes fwen!" as he gave me a hug.  It was the sweetest thing, ever, and now I call him "Bestie."  I'm so glad that our unhealthily close mother/son relationship is working out so well.

Bestie doesn't like to get his hands dirty, so he's constantly asking me to wash his hands.  When I tell him he can do it himself, he says, "No.  Two players!"  Even though I'm pretty sure Wash Miles' Hands (ages 3 and up, 2 players) would not be a popular Mattell game, it's definitely more fun with two.  I probably should have filled this post with pictures of Miles playing with me (You know, because we're best friends.), but Jeff didn't want to take pictures of me with Miles.  Jealous line forms right behind Jeff.

When Harrison was first born, I felt like it was impossible to get anything done.  I look back on those days and wonder why I was such an idiot.  Now that I have three children, having just one around is a breeze.  On Monday I was able to fold all of the laundry, wash all of the curtains, take down all of the blinds and wash them, switch closets with Jeff, wash the sofa cover, and take three huge bags to Goodwill--all while getting the house painted.  Yes, the computer and phones were unplugged all day.  Why do you ask?

Bestie does this adorable thing where every time he looks at me he decides he's hungry.  So he starts every question like this, "Mommy? . . . MOM. . . Can I have . . .?  Can I have . . .?  Animals cwackers, pwease?"  Then he flashes me a smile and I give him anything he wants.  It wasn't like that with the other two.  I could resist their charms, but Jeff couldn't.  Miles doesn't even bother using his charm on Jeff, because it doesn't work.  (So jealous, that Jeff.) 

Sweet Miles, no one understands you like your best friend/mommy.  Except maybe Chloe.  I really miss having her around to translate.  And it sure would be nice to have Harrison home to play WWE games.  We'll just have to keep playing that awesome hand washing game you love, Bestie.  (I know.  It's not the same.  I miss them, too.)

7 Wisecracks:

Jess said...

That has to be the cutest thing I ever heard. I wish my kids would ask to make washing hands a "two player" game over just whining that they want help. :) You're right, one kid is a piece of cake after three.

Nicole said...

He sounds like a tough boss/best friend. :) It's funny how differently kids affect us, eh? I wonder what it is about Miles for you, you know? Hmmmm.

Lindsay said...

BEAUTIFUL pics! I said the same thing about one kid to Brian just the other day while my big kids were in school and my Miles was playing quietly with his cars on the wood floor. "Remember when life was actually LIKE this?" If I would have known, I would have appreciated it a bit more. :)

Sarah said...

oh I love how your little bestie has you wrapped around his little finger... reminds me of a little man of mine that I know ;0) P.S. Love the action shots. Girl you know how to work that camera!

Patti said...

Okay. Miles IS adorable. But I'm still marveling about the list you rattled off about what you were able to get done. You might attribute that to no phone or computer, but I think it's still an amazing amount of jobs off the ol' to-do list. Well done! Did I already say this? Miles IS ADORABLE!

allyn said...

i'm with patti. you so did not even switch closets on the same day you washed blinds. i don't believe that for one second.
that miles is a true charmer and that smile is worth a bdillion dollars. just him and you for the next 2 years.

melissa said...

I so DID switch closets and wash blinds! If there hadn't been a strange man painting my living room, dining room, and hallway walls I probably wouldn't have felt compelled to stay in my room all day. Plus, I wanted to surprise Jeff and have it done before he got home. (He's been coveting my larger closet for three years.)