Thursday, August 9, 2012

Glam Camp

Other than heading out for a Cardinals game, we really didn't do much of anything during the weeks following our vacation.  I was worn out from a month of being a Fun Mom and it was just too darn hot to go outside.  So we spent most of our time indoors playing video games, eating ice cream, and watching Battlestar Gallactica.  That is, until I watched my friend's children for two days and I saw our boring life through the eyes of a three year old.

My friend Sarah needed someone to watch her kids while she chaperoned a youth conference.  We had her daughter Brie and her one year old son, Alex, with us for two full days while their dad was at work.  It's been a long time since I've had a one year old in my home.  Every time I turned around, Alex was on top of the table with a crayon in his mouth.  (I didn't even know we had crayons!)  Brie has a fun mom, so she wasn't impressed with our sit-around-and-do-nothing approach to life.  After their first day with us, I was forced to admit that we were boring.  So, the next day I brought Fun Mom out to play.

One of Chloe's friends had spent the week at "Glam Camp" where she and other young girls painted their nails, put glitter on flip flops, had their hair done by super cool teenage girls, and learned a dance routine to "Call Me, Maybe."  I decided I would have a little Glam Camp for Chloe and Brie.  It broke up the monotony of our lives and got us out of our rut. 

 




Thanks for bringing a little joy into our humdrum lives, little Brie!

4 Wisecracks:

KQ said...

I want to go to Glam Camp! Fun idea!

Emily said...

I love Chloe's bangs!

Sarah said...

Oh man, Brie has got you fooled... this mom is most often pre-occupied and a homebody with occasional bursts of funness :0) In any case, THANKS AGAIN for watching my kiddos and for glamming it up with Brie!!

allyn said...

ILOVE her bangs. She looks very innocent. Which she is, so it fits her personality. Fun times with glam camp. So jealous school has started for you. Not even fair that I still have three weeks of this insanity.