Saturday, November 24, 2012

Aloha from Hawaii!

A few months ago Jeff asked how I would feel if he took an all-expense paid trip to a medical conference in Honolulu.  How would I feel?  Hurt.  Angry.  A bit nauseous.  Then I remembered that he's a radiologist and the opportunities for travel are rare.  Also, I don't think you turn down a free trip to Hawaii.  You just don't.  So November 8th he hopped on a plane bound for the Aloha State.

I told him all I wanted from Hawaii was pictures, so I bought him a disposable camera and told him to go nuts.  After a day and a half in Honolulu, he hadn't seen anything picture-worthy, so he panicked and started taking pictures of his hotel room (booooo) and his food (double booo).  The next day he went on a bus ride and saw some cool things, but when he tried to take a picture through the window, the flash bounced off the glass and all was lost.  Then he found some Japanese tourists taking pictures of themselves in front of random things, so he started following them and taking the same pictures of himself.
 
Eventually he found Sunset beach (and something worth photographing).
 
This must be the time when someone carried him.








Jeff says we simply must go back to Hawaii together next time because he had an absolutely horrible time without me. (Or something like that.)  I, of course, agreed and we're already planning our next vacation.  Together.  Separate vacations are so five minutes ago.

4 Wisecracks:

Jess said...

Hawaii looks gorgeous! It sounds like you both had some great vacations this month, albeit separate vacations. You will, of course, have to take a ton of pictures when you go with him, so we can live vicariously through you.

Patti said...

Good plan! Did that statue have cultural significance? Very interesting...

The Reiersens said...

Footprints in the sand! I'm still laughing!! Haha!

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Jealous! I miss that place. You should have gone!! I would have watched your kids for you.......never mind the 5 million mile gap between us. ;)