Friday, November 30, 2012

Giving Thanks

Tomorrow is December so I figured I'd better slip in a blog post about our Thanksgiving before I get into Fun Mom mode.

Jeff participated in his first race on Thanksgiving morning.  It was a HUGE race and he had to dodge a few people dressed up like turkeys, but he still did well.  I couldn't make it to the race because I was busy doing unspeakable things to a turkey, so Jeff posed for me afterward.

Just look at that form!  Ummm. . . don't look too long, ladies.  He's spoken for.

This was the first year that we have celebrated Thanksgiving without any family.  (Sad face.)  But we didn't have to travel with three children, and for that we are truly grateful.  We invited our friends the Gilberts over for dinner.  They made half of the food and left all of their pie.  BFF's!
The kids' table.  "Say Thanksgiving!"  (Some of them are more thankful than others.)


The grown up table.  Harrison longed to sit with the adults.  Mostly because he likes drinking out of goblets.  He's very sophisticated.  Can you spot Adam?

Pay no attention to the baby behind the curtain . . .

. . . until that baby vomits all over his dinner.  Then you should definitely pay attention to him, because that means it's time to go.

The Gilberts spent the rest of the week with a stomach bug that's been making its way around town.  Every single person we've come in contact with has had it, so we've been bracing ourselves.  Last night, Harrison woke up with the pukes.  At last the wait is over!  Now we're all carefully considering each bite of food, just in case we have to enjoy it twice.  Jeff's parents once had a stomach bug during the holidays and that's when they discovered that Twinkies taste good going both ways.  I guess we'll never know for sure now that we live in a cruel Twinkie-less world.

4 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

NOOOOO!! I totally forgot about the Twinkie/yuckie tummy connection when I was bemoaning the fact that I may never taste a Twinkie again, and New Year's Eve is ruined. It is a cruel Twinkie-less world. But Jeff looks great.

Jess said...

Ugh, everyone over here is just getting over a nasty cold. I do NOT want the flu bug to be next. At least you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Also, I am now feeling sad I didn't stock up on Twinkies while I had a chance. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Twinki tip. I'll have to stock up on them before there all gone and I'll keep them in my first aid kit. always so full of good ideas. Hope no one else gets sick, blurg!!!

Ashley said...

I'm trying to hide from my mommy duties but I keep laughing too loud at your post. Time to go. Thanks. A. Lot.

:)