Friday, December 7, 2012

Spreading Christmas Joy (and Germs)

Our family has been dealing with a sneaky little illness that strikes hard and then leaves and then strikes again and then leaves.  Every time we think we're in the clear, someone starts feeling icky.  It's been gross, but we are determined not to let it get us down. 

Monday night we took our annual trip to the dollar store to buy each other gifts.  Miles picked my name.  He says he bought me macaroni and cheese.  Jeff says he didn't.  Who to believe?

We took a trip to the mall to visit Santa, but he was on a break, so we went to get a snack.  The kids were blown away by Auntie Anne's cinnamon sugar pretzel bites.  Then the nice lady at the See's Candies kiosk gave us all free lollipops.  They were kind of a mess by the time they finally saw the big guy.  (Santa's helpers wouldn't let us take a picture with our own camera, so you just get a picture of Miles waiting in line.)

Our activity yesterday was to make tree ornaments.  Do not adjust your screen.  Miles' really does look like a poop snowflake.  Harrison accidentally wrote his 2012 upside down.  He looked at it and said, "Oops.  Oh, well.  More memories.  It doesn't have to be perfect."  I heart him.  He's been particularly delightful lately.  Probably because of all the Christmas joy we've been spreading.

3 Wisecracks:

wendy holt said...

I heart you and your kids!! P.S. "The Best Christmas Pageant ever" is on YouTube our Library here didn't have it and I was sad. Also, there is a super cute illustrated picture book of it. I still cry at the end.

Patti said...

I love the dollar store picture with Chloe and Harrison! It's so happy. Thanks for the explanation about the upside down 2012. I thought it was some elf runes. (Okay, maybe I'm too into Tolkien this month.) Yay for happy 9-year-old boys and Sees lollipops!

elizabeth said...

I thought Harrison's ornament was fancy ninja writing, it looked similar to ninjago. But maybe he is too old for ninjago? My toy knowledge only goes to the 6-7 age range.