Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ringing in the New Year

Jeff had to work New Year's Eve, so the kids and I rang in the new year with some friends at church.  It was one of those parties where everyone does the Virginia reel and the hustle while eating Hoppin' John and then at 8 o'clock everyone makes a lot of noise and then goes home.  (You know.  One of those.)  It was a wild and crazy night.

Harrison had an emotional night.  He couldn't decide if this was awesome or the worst.

Happy New Year, suckers!

How low can they go?  Not that low, turns out.

Emily (in the plaid shirt) and her family are the New Year's Eve party masterminds.  She said to me, "I expect to see a blog post about this." but what I heard was "Take a picture of me dancing and post it on the Internet."

Some of us may have partied a little too hard.

Who needs someone to kiss at midnight on New Year's Eve when you have three kids to do the electric slide with at 8pm on New Year's Eve?

4 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

What a fabulous party! I'm always a sucker for the electric slide.

Unknown said...

What a night! I love my face in the one with Emily, and I can't figure out what we're all doing. It was a great night. I must have partied to hard because I didn't even make it to the "official" count down. Those crazy mormons know how to party hard.

melissa said...

That picture of you guys dancing makes me laugh, too. It doesn't look like you're doing the same dance, but I'm pretty sure it's the electric slide.

Emily said...

To those that are not blessed with "the gift", it make look like Laura and I were doing a different dance.

But that only happens to those people. It was harmony. Pure and simple.