Friday, February 22, 2013

Super Snow Day Backwards Remix '13!

Does that make our snow day sound exciting?  Whatever works, dude.  My kids had last Friday and this past Monday off of school.  Then they stayed home sick from school on Wednesday.  Yesterday and today they didn't have school because of snow days.  These are dark days, my friends. 

The snow storm was pretty cool, though.  It came out of nowhere and snowed like I've never seen.  Then the kids went out and played in it.  Then I made a video of it.  The kids said it was more entertaining backwards.  Everyone's a critic.


I'm so glad we have such a great sledding hill.  It's high enough that it's fun, but not so high that they can't handle walking up and down the hill overandoverandover again.

In addition to sledding and coughing and crying (so much crying), we've been watching "Once Upon a Time" on Netflix.  So far it's been pretty PG, but I've never seen it before.  Anyone know if it gets worse and I'm going to have to explain the facts of life to my kids because of it?  A heads up would be nice.

7 Wisecracks:

wendy holt said...

I LOVE Once Upon a Time! I am still waiting for the 2nd season to come on Netflix but I can't think of anything that I had to cover my kids eyes for. Rumplstilskin kind of scared Alison but that is mostly because his bad dental hygiene. But that could also be a teaching moment.

Jess said...

This video was so much fun! Emmett and I really enjoyed that you made the live action parts backwards. What software do you use to make your videos?

elizabeth said...

You are a video making genius! You make home movies super fun.

Amy Maxwell said...

Fun! I like Once Upon a Time too! I think it will be ok. It just gets pretty dark. Betrayals, merciless killing and imprisonment, creepy dolls and people (in a PG kind of way, I think), but there always seems to be a good lesson from it all...

Patti said...

I concur with what's already been said about Once Upon A Time. We're hooked. *wink* That was such a fun video. Backwards was awesome!

melissa said...

Jess, I used Adobe Premiere Elements for this. It came free with our new computer. This is the first time I've used it. I liked it better than Windows Movie Maker.

Nicole said...

I forgot to comment on the last one (why can't I get on the computer ever?) that I love it so much that Harrison and Chloe are so good to Miles. He's like Harrison's mascot.

This film could only be understood backwards. It was a good choice.