Friday, May 31, 2013

Let Me See You Shake Your Tailfeather

 
Chloe finished another year of dance.  This year she got to be in the big kid show at the end of the year and not the show where little girls wear tutus and waive at their parents for an hour.  (I miss that show.)
 
The theme of the evening was "Gotta Love That Rhythm and Blues."  Every class did a dance to a blues song and then sometimes teachers would randomly dance to random songs.  Chloe's class danced to "Higher Ground" which is a song by Stevie Wonder, but they danced to the Red Hot Chili Peppers version which is neither rhythm-y nor blues-y. 
 
I recorded the dress rehearsal.  Chloe's one of the only kids in costume, so just imagine that they're all wearing one-sleeved tie-dyed shirts with feathers in their hair.  She missed six weeks of dance because of "The Music Man Jr." and I was worried she wouldn't have enough time to learn the dance.  I was very impressed.  She's a pro now.
 
She also danced with the rest of the group in the big finale.  This is a video of the dress rehearsal.  Everyone wore their blue dance shirts for the finale.
Here's a still so you can find Chloe in the crowd.  She's between the giant lizard and the lady with the ink.  Got it?  Here we go:
 
My favorite part of the show (other than my darling Chloe) was this 70-year-old woman and her baton twirling routine.  Truly fantastic.
I want to be her when I grow up.

1 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

Forget the hula hoop! Get me a baton! That woman was inspiring! And Chloe was amazing, especially after missing so many rehearsals. Well done!