Monday, May 27, 2013

Party Time! Excellent!


School is officially out for the summer!  I'm so excited to play with my kids and make some memories.  (And also, too, make some pie.)

This picture makes me laugh.  What is going on with their hair?  I told them it was time to jump for joy, so they did.
Kind of hard to get everyone jumping at the same time, but you get the idea.  Woohoo!

The evening of the last day of school is the traditional Blacktop Ball where the kids run around signing each other's t-shirts and screaming.  Mostly screaming. 

Chloe had a dress rehearsal for her dance recital that night, so she showed up late and with makeup.  Here she is with her bestie, Maggie.

When we showed up, Harrison was killing it at the annual hula hoop contest.  ("You know, for kids!")

The last day of school is also called "Fly-up Day" where they find out who their teacher next year will be and they get to meet their teacher and find out who else will be in their class.  Harrison and his buddy, Colton, have been in the same class for four years, but they won't be in the same class next year.  Ah, well.  They'll always have pantsing.

3 Wisecracks:

Nicole said...

Always screaming. I like that you mentioned that Chloe was wearing make-up, but nothing about her friend wearing make-up. I noticed the big black whiskers before I saw Chloe's sweet lipstick. :) Ha!

Boys WILL always have pantsing, won't they?!

Patti said...

I think Fly-up day is the best idea. Ever. Why make the kids wait all summer long to find out who their teacher is going to be, and who will be in class with them?

Tammy and Alvin said...

I just wanted to say thanks for the Hudsucker Proxy reference.