Thursday, October 31, 2013

Lions and Tigers and Bananas, Oh My!

Miles decided he wanted to be a lion for Halloween.  Yes, he was a lion last year.  And yes, Harrison wore that same costume when he was four.  Best $15 I ever spent.  Miles fell out of a tree a few days ago and there's a huge gash on his face.  I think it gives him more street cred.

With Miles as the Cowardly Lion and Chloe as Dorothy, I was one step closer to my dream of being Glenda the Good Witch in a themed Halloween costume  with my family. 

I'm not gonna name names, but some people and his dad don't care about my dreams.

I told Harrison and Chloe to look scared of the lion.  It didn't work.  That's one cute lion.

Then I told Miles to look scared, like the Cowardly Lion.  He looked at me like I was stupid and said, "I'm not scared of anything, Mommy."

If you're a photographer trying to get kids to smile, may I suggest putting a big banana behind the camera?  Works every time.

Miles was sad that I didn't make the road red.  I don't think he gets what we're doing here.
 
He's just happy to be a part of it.
 
They're off to get an absurd amount of candy!
 
Happy Halloween!

3 Wisecracks:

Tammy and Alvin said...

So, we have to admit that we're kind of glad that someone and his dad vetoed the theme because our family did a Wizard of Oz theme this year, and your kids are so cute that they would have put our non-smilers to shame. Plus, your photo shoots are amazing. We are so impressed/jealous of your yellow brick road. If you lived closer, we'd hire you. Really, all we have left to hang our hats on is the entire family thing, so thanks for leaving us that. (Of course, the banana is a pretty hilarious addition to the Wizard of Oz story.)

PS It's nice to have lots of candy to eat to forget about a certain St. Louis baseball game last night.

Patti said...

Adorable kids, costumes and pictures! I'm smiling like an idiot. Happy Halloween to me!

Brad and Tiff said...

Oh how I wish you could have been Glenda! Murderers of dreams! We missed you today, please come home. :)